Chapter 42

Jin's face was shrouded in confusion as he peered at the document InSu had just printed for him. The dimly lit room was illuminated only by the screen of his computer, and the young hacker had spent several hours scouring the internet, yet he had not been able to find what Jin was looking for.

Despite his efforts, there was no evidence to support the existence of a Mr DuHo with an identical twin, a fact that had left Jin even more bewildered. The document before him appeared to be telling the truth, which only fueled his perplexity.

"Are we...okay now? I mean...can I finally be set free or do you have more requests?" InSu reluctantly spoke for even though he was bothered by the fact that Jin had found his way to his apartment again, he was more fearful of declining for they still had him in the palm of their hand and Jimin certainly had not made a light impression on him. InSu had gotten the message well that the actor was not one that he could reject the requests of easily.

"Maybe you should look for any doppelgangers...Yet again is it possible for a doppelganger to be so identical?... Hold up a moment." Jin pondered aloud, momentarily setting the document aside to reach for his phone.

He waited in the line for a bit, the beeping sound echoing in the silence as InSu was just looking at him. Wondering what was even going on with that actor and all these NIS people.

"Oh, You called at the perfect moment, how are things going?" P3 sounded cheerful at the other side of the line as he was observing your annoyed expression over the fact that after he had let you know deliberately the truth about the order of the birth of Jimin's personalities, he was not willing to reply to any other questions you were showcasing to him.

 A wave of frustration hit you as he kept dismissing your inquiries with a chuckle before he dared to remind you that his knowledge came at a cost, and if you wanted answers, you'd have to give in to his earlier request which you had labelled as shameful. The mere thought of how much useful information P3 was holding set your mind ablaze with curiosity, but he had already moved on once his phone rang. His eyes had remained on you, however, in order to enjoy the spectacle of your simmering aggravation.

"According to the records, he is an only child. There are no records of the existence of a twin. Are you sure that whoever let you know of such an information, was not mistaken?" Jin did not lose any time to get to the main point and P3 took a moment to think to himself.

"I am certain, the informant wouldn't lie to me."

"Well, maybe they saw wrong. Where they at a distance?" 

"Miss Boram said she witnessed him pass by on his car and the other identical guy was in the passenger seat," P3  uttered, getting your thoughts too diverse from the previous conversation you had with him and dozing off from your momentary irritation.

"I will go ahead and look for a doppelganger then. I will keep you informed." Jin's words made InSu leave an exhale escape his lips as he tiringly shifted his chair to a better position and started writing on his keyboard, knowing already that he had to be the one to see through that task too.

Jin hang up the phone and gave him a small smile for his obedience had pleased him.

Upon seeing P3 toss his phone onto the couch, you wasted no time in asking, "What's going on?" and he nonchalantly took a seat before bothering to reply. 

"Nothing unexpected. Jin just said that there is no Twin after all."

"What? But Boram said-"

"She didn't lie. Just because someone was identical that doesn't necessarily mean they are blood-related."

"Are you hearing yourself? How can one look exactly like another?" You replied, finding his words absurd for even if Mr DuHo was to have a doppelganger, he wouldn't be so identical.