Chapter 59

The sky roared with the ferocity of thunder, a tumultuous symphony accompanying the relentless downpour outside the secret room. Just like your emotions, the weather seemed to have worsened while you were in there, making you stare outside the open window, in the company of your short breaths.

Among the night sky and the thunders that were dancing before your vision, the image of that skinned head of a person inside that liquid, kept flickering, caging your heart in the claws of fear and a disturbia you couldn't shake off just yet.

Even though you had managed to pull Jimin away from that room and break his focused state towards that horrible sight, there was a fact about it that had gotten born in your head and had boosted your body with the desire to run away from there as soon as possible.

The sight of it was too haunting but it was also an awakening call to what you were facing and what you had truly gotten yourself involved with. These secret agents were not playing around. Whatever you were holding right now under your vest, in the files Jimin found, it was going to be something they would come after. Something that you could not go back to from the moment you see them or even from the moment that you had taken them. It was terrifying to you to even think that, there was a realistic possibility that they could murder you just for this alone. That you or someone you love could end up like a souvenir head in some vase. 

The idea alone had frozen your feet in place, making you doubt yourself. Was the actions you were doing tonight wise? Or was this a fatal mistake you are gonna bitterly regret yet be unable to turn back time to fix it? Was it too late for you to just turn back in that room, leave the file back where you found it, and pretend like this never happened? 

 While you were drowning in those anxious thoughts, Jimin was looking outside the window, coming to the understanding that he could not follow you and exit from that window for he lacked the equipment. When he had made his way in, it had been easier since he had just used gravity as the rope from the tree to the window was downward however he would need some power to return using that rope since sliding was no longer an option and the rain was making it a very dangerous idea for him to even consider using his physical ability to climb all that distance.

"It's okay Y/N. You go. I will go out through the door and just make my way through Mr Duho's mansion. We will meet again on the other side." He reassured you as he reached his hand out to you for support, however, you seemed frozen looking ahead still, making him repeat your name once more.

You flinched visibly once you snapped out of it and as you met his eyes, looking at you with a mixture of worry and confusion, you just took a breath before taking his hand and allowing him to help you to climb outside the window and support you while you carefully searched for the right place and angle to stand on and then crab on the window frame tightly as Jimin took care of connecting your vest back to the rope.

You observed him in nervousness and while you were feeling the rain forcefully hitting against your skin, your mind still screaming at you that maybe just maybe, you weren't too late to turn back now.

"Just push this button in the middle, whenever you are ready, okay?" He reminded you once he had secured all the equipment around you and you snapped out of it and finally blinked as you met his eyes.

"InSu, make sure you are in control of the security cameras of this place until Jimin exits this villa and there's no trace of us anywhere around the perimeter. And inform Jungkook and Boram that we are done with our part." You gave your orders to InSu in your earpiece just as you readied yourself to be dragged backwards.

"On it." Was all InSu replied with and you took a deep breath ready to press that button but before you could do so, Jimin took hold of your neck and pulled you closer to his face, halting your breath.