Chapter 51

The haunting melody of his phone's ringtone echoed through the car, its persistent calls pleading for attention. But Jin deliberately turned a deaf ear, determined to keep his focus intact, even as Jimin's number relentlessly flashed on the screen.

Initially, he found himself puzzled by P3's relentless pursuit as he kept choosing to ignore the calls, unwilling to let anything disrupt his unwavering determination. However, he didn't seem to be giving up anytime soon, and Jiya's urgent messages had added up to the flood of notifications on his screen. As he took a brief look towards his mobile, Jin gradually started to realize that it was no coincidence that they were both calling him at the same time.

 P3's intentions were most likely to intervene with what he had decided to do.

What struck him, even more, was the realization that Jiya's involvement hinted at P3's awareness of Jimin's mother being the one behind all this and that was something that Jin had not thought of until that very moment.  P3 already knew what he was trying to desperately keep Jimin from knowing.

Jin found himself cornered as the unsettling feeling seeped further into his core, understanding that P3 was woven into the fabric of Jimin's being, and hence in a way the truth had already made its way into Jimin's mind. All he could desperately try to prevent now was to keep Jimin's consciousness far from ever finding out.

The thought only had his heart clenched in fear that threatened to consume him. However, Jin held onto one reassuring certainty: P3 would never use this knowledge to inflict harm upon Jimin. Just like Jin, surely P3 could understand too, how important it was, for Jimin to never find out the truth.

Amidst his small reassuring attempt towards himself, however, there laid haunting thoughts that were slowly creeping into Jin's mind—thoughts of witnessing Jimin's lifeless form, forever beyond reach. Thoughts of watching him crumble under the weight of an undeniable truth, bearing the excruciating burden of a mother's love getting rewritten in his eyes, as nothing more than a lie.

"Why! Oh, why!" Jin erupted, his voice carrying a torrent of frustration and disbelief. The weight of his aunt's actions bore heavily upon him, like an unbearable burden that threatened to consume his very being. The road stretched out before him, a  path without much traffic that mirrored the emptiness he now felt within as he had driven outside of the city.

"There's nothing that can excuse this, damn it! Just what kind of human is she?!" His words resonated through the stillness, ricocheting off the surrounding silence as if mocking him with their unanswered plea. A surge of anger surged through his veins, causing him to strike the wheel in a futile attempt to release the pent-up frustration. But his furious outburst was soon eclipsed by a series of emotions that overwhelmed him.

Glistening tears welled up in his eyes, a testament to the pain, resentment, and betrayal that coursed through his shattered heart. The memories that once brought solace and love now twisted and contorted into cruel reminders of his naivety, exposing him as a fool for ever believing in his aunt's deceitful facade. 

At that very moment, Jin was tasting the bitterness, the confusion and the searing ache a betrayal could leave behind, only that for him it was double for he had gotten to know on the same day, that two people had broken his trust. One was more shocking than the other, but Jiya's betrayal was still sinking in his subconsciousness and boiling subtly.

 In the depths of his tormented psyche, chaos reigned supreme like never before. His mind, once a sanctuary of rationality, now succumbed to the relentless assault of overpowering emotions. The veil of his strong feelings had ended up blinding his eyes, until Jin came face to face with a track that seemed to be coming right at him, despite the fact that he was on his lane.