Chapter 60

You can love yet still make mistakes, you can love yet still harm the one you care about. It's so easy to mess up, for all relationships are fragile. With every scratch, it will show, and with every crack, it will become more and more distorted from the love you once knew.

If only, regret could obtain forgiveness and be as visibly certain as the tears in her eyes. If only those tears had not become nothing bad a lie in his eyes. If Jiya had been standing before Jin's face, at some other time in the past, he would have been delighted to see her. So happy to open his eyes and return to life to meet the eyes of the woman who he loved.

DongMin remained by the side of his bed, as he had done so from the moment he had regained consciousness and doctors and nurses had been buzzing around him like bees, until a moment ago. They had given him the good news that he was out of danger and he should focus on recovering from now on, yet all Jin could think about was Jimin and the fact that his mother was putting him in danger.

Or at least till Jiya had appeared at the doorstep of his hospital bed, that was all he was tormenting himself over, under his sealed lips and the chaotic haze that existed in his head. However, once she was there, he couldn't help but stare at her crying face with a stinking feeling on his chest and an ache he would rather tear off his chest altogether if it was possible. It hurt, more than his aching body, more than the crashing contact with the vehicle he experienced, more than any other pain he had lived through so far.

"Jin...I-" She finally gathered herself and muttered some words as she made a step forward into the room but DongMin acted instantly, sharply ordering her to stay where she was for he had stern orders to look after Jin's safety and he wasn't planning on playing with that. Jimin would demolish him if he messed up and Jin was to get harmed while in this difficult condition that he was. 

"Please, I just want to know if he is okay." Jiya left her pleading gaze land on DongMin but he didn't seem to soften because of it.

"He is out of danger and if you leave he will be even better. So don't cause any trouble for me and just go away." At his reply Jin moved his hand and grabbed DongMin's wrist, making him throw his eyes towards him and he leaned closer to him, to hear what he wanted to tell him, for Jin's voice was still too weak and he hadn't spoken much after he woke up. He had murmured something under his oxygen mask, asking about Jimin's whereabouts as soon as he was awake, but other than that, he hadn't initiated to utter anything else.

"Tell her...to not cry...before me." Jin breathed out his words like a whisper and DongMin turned to look at Jiya right away, transmitting his words exactly as they were said to him.

"I know, I know, you must think this is an act too. But I was so worried you would die...You don't understand, I felt like I lost everything. Like I lost you forever." She sobbed as she spoke, looking at him like all she wanted was to run in his arms and cry her heart out for his forgiveness.

A regret that no longer touched Jin's heart. All it did was make his eyes get filled with tears as he muttered the truth out. " You have already lost me" 

DongMin didn't need to repeat those words of his as this time Jiya had heard them and tears just started flowing more while he stood in his bed, unable to move, chained in machinery that still wasn't as much of a restrain as his own heart was and all the memories he had shared with her. She was the woman he had planned his whole future with. The one he had imaged having a family with, then one with whom he would walk down the aisle, the one he had already given his heart. A heart that he now has to accept back in all its broken pieces of it and move on.

"You said you would forgive me...If I told you the whole truth, you said we could start over." She replied and DongMin just went over to her and turned her around, pushing her to leave, for he understood well that Jin did not want to see her any longer nor he was in a condition to be bearing such conversations for now.