Dinner

Sky's pov

I wake up to the sound of my phone alarm telling me it's time to get up. I stretch before crawling out of bed and heading to the bathroom to do my morning routine.

when I come out of the bathroom I Head to my closet I choose a black fitted skirts with a yellow sheer top and my black flat work shoes.

After getting dressed I  exit my room and go to the kitchen to make a cup of ginger tea daddy already left for work so it's just me alone in the house after drinking my tea I get my handbag and lock up the house before leaving for work.

I stand  outside of my house waiting for the taxi I called. A black BMW approaches and slows down right in front of me. It takes me a second but then I realize who's car it is The window rolls down and I see my favorite person.

"come on mi a carry you go work" Jacob says and I smile at him before getting in the Front passenger seat.

Jacob pov

"Good morning my wonderful friend" Sky says once she enters the car.

"Good morning beautiful" I say before driving off.

"Why are you up so early I thought you didn't wake up before 12" she asks .

"I have to go in  to the office for a big meeting so I thought I would  come and pick you up for work before I go in"I answer and she smiles.

She's about to say something but before she can my phone starts ringing and I look at it to see that it's. Monique I hiss  my teeth and press ignore I really need to break up with this girl for real.

Sky looks at me but doesn't say anything she doesn't have to I know what she's going to say. Before you know it I am in front of her workplace I stop the car and she turns to me. Saying thanks and tells me to  pick her up at five so we can have dinner together before she gets out of the car.

When she does she starts waving goodbye and I do the same looking at her some thing about her is different these days your beautiful chocolate skin seems to be shining more than usual and her clothes seem to be hugging her body more. I shake my head at the thought and start driving off in the direction of my office.

My family owns a construction company which I am now the boss of since my dad retired.  My family has been in construction for decades more than half the buildings in St.James were built by my family. And over the years we have grown on that taking it island wide now  we have a lot of apartment complexes in every parish. The next step right now is building a hotel that's what the meeting is actually about. The perfect land space for a hotel is now available and I'm about to buy it.

After the big meeting and several business calls I see Monique calling me once again I choose  to answer this time.

"Baby why haven't you called me back it's been two days!"
She says practically screaming in my ear.

"Monique if you a go behave  like you no have no sense why am I going to call you."

I say to her and she starts making that fake crying sound.

"Jacob all I did was ask you for something" yeah fifty million things and fifty million time.

"Monique I don't really wanna have this conversation right now it's not about you asking for something it's the way you always ask for it to be honest I don't think I can do this anymore."

I say and immediately regrets it because now she's crying and screaming in my ear.

"Jacob please don't do this you know I love you" she says and I end the call.