L I E S

EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER WANTED IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF FEAR

♡♡♡

✨Adeline✨

Don't look at them.

Just pretend the world is good and nothing happened. But something did happen. No matter how much I try to tell myself that nothing happened.

I was humiliated in front of half the school and then proceeded to slap Elias King.
And I don't regret one bit of that slap.

Kenna tried to call me several times after the incident. I didn't pick up.I knew it wasn't her fault but I had a hard time knowing she was in close with a person who reveled in my misery.

I walked down the monotone hallway with indifference. Or at least that's how I wanted to appear.
My mom always said I wore my heart on the outside.I guess I knew what she meant now.
"Hey wait up Adeline" I heard a soft feminine voice say behind me. I turn around to see Kenna speed walking towards me. Her face a flustered mess.

"Ohh hey" I said awkwardly

"We need to talk" She said sternly.

I couldn't take her seriously I broke out in a grin. She began half smiling.
"No seriously we need to talk. You haven't been answering any of my phone calls or text messages "

"I know...I know I'm sorry" I said lowly.

"You don't have to apologize I just wanted to check up on you" She said kindly.
We continued walking in silence as a I headed towards my locker.
My heart dropped as I saw who leaned against it.
I stopped in my tracks ready to turn back from the monster who looked me in the eyes and unreadable emotion lingering.
I couldn't move. The hallways has emptied up everyone had headed to class already. Thankful that they wouldn't have another spectacle to talk about.
I wasn't going to do this. I turned to walk away as Kenna began talking to him.
"Wait Adeline" Kenna called out in a hurried tone.
I stopped and slowly turned around.
"He wants to talk to you....I think he wants to apologize" She said with a twisted face. She was on the edge about what he really wanted as well.
I didn't believe it for a second.
"I'm good" I said sternly not bothering to share a glance at the tall boy standing beside my locker. The remnants of the red stains still lingered.
That only made me want to walk away from the situation even more.
I tuned to walk away once again only to have Kenna grab my wrists.
"Please just give him a chance" She pleaded.
The look in her big brown eyes convinced me.
I slowly walked towards Elias.
I stood in front of him eyes casted downwards.

"Can You look at me at least" He rasped.

I hesitantly looked up at him craning my neck to get a good view.

He was no longer leaning against my locker but standing tall.

" I wanted to- to a apologize" The last word coming out strained.

He let out a breath like it pained him to say it.
I internally scoffed at the ridiculousness. All that anger from yesterday still built up.
He Stood there expectantly as if that was enough and I should graze at his feet.
Suddenly his eyes softened and a small smile formed on his lips.

"Look I shouldn't have done that it was immature and I humiliated you. I'm really sorry and I want to make it up to you."

I stood there stunned by his sudden confession. The anger simply faded away. Hating myself I was pleading it would come back.
I didn't know what to say. Say something Addy.

"Um- Thank you...for apologizing I mean and you don't have to do anything. " I said pathetically.

Wow way to hold your ground there Addy.