M U S I C

WHAT'S MEANT TO BE WILL ALWAYS FIND A WAY.

♡♡♡

✨Adeline✨

"W-what do you mean" I stuttered.

I suddenly grew nervous. Kenna had barely noticed it. The bruise wasn't to big. It didn't compare to the ones in my stomach but still it was there.

"The fucking bruise on the side of your face Adeline" Elias seethes. He was mad.

You know when you stub you're toe on a day where everything is already bothering you. That's the kind of mad he sounded like.

I looked him directly in the eye. His eyes as black as they were I think I saw fire in them.

This wasn't good...

I really should've just ran to the car with JT and Kenna when I had the chance.

"I fell" I say.

"You fell" He says.

"I fell" I repeat.

He smiles slowly it wasn't a happy smile it was more of a taunting one.

He stalks towards me which makes me take a step back.
He keeps it up till we're face to face inches away from each other. Our breaths mingling.

Mint.

"Why are you lying to me" He says.

"I- I'm not" I say weakly and unconvincingly.

Seriously Addy. You're supposed to be a bad bleep.

He lifts his hand and I recoil. He clenched his jaw and closes his eyes.

He lifts his hand once more and it takes everything in me not to recoil once more.
He grabs my chin gently and tilts it to the side.

As he inspects the light bruise he looks angry.
There was no way in hell that that I would tell him my own father raised his hand to me. Or that it's been going on for so long I'm used to it.

I fell I tell myself.
You fell.
But I didn't fall and what my dad did to me is wrong but what could I do.

Elias rubs his thumb over my bruise and i want to close my eyes and fall into his touch but then I remember who's touching me and I jump back.

"We- we should go" I say suddenly.
I notice how my body misses his touch and his presence.

I'm going to kill my body.

Elias's softened face returns to its somber and gloomy look.

He turns around and begins walking. I follow not to far behind....
I see his car not to far from where we're walking. Do not admire his car Adeline.
Do not
Do not
Do not
Too late...

It's just too pretty.

I only just recovered from Elias's warm hands on my cheek and now I'm back in his car that's familiar scent of his intoxicating cologne filling my nose.

I put my seat belt on because saftest first.
I kept my head straight on. I was not even going to glance in his direction.

He got into the car and slammed his door pretty hard.

The poor door.

He started the car the engine revving and he drove out of the parking lot and onto the freeway.

Well this is awkward...
Music I could ask him to play music. He wouldn't freak out and start cursing and holding my face again...

"Could you play something maybe...please if you can..." I shut up before I could set him off.

Now we wait.

And wait.

And wait.

I almost gave up hope until he leaned forward his long fingers clicking buttons and suddenly Harry styles started playing.

I almost cried of joy.
I'm also going to cry because the song playing is sign of the times.

I hummed to the song.
I was actually screamed the song in my head.

The song finished the next was Where have you been by Rihanna.

The radio was blessing my ears today.

It took absolutely every cell and atom in my body to not scream my lungs out.

I rolled down my window. I mean his window but on my side so it's my window temporarily okay no it's his window-

Anyway.

I looked over at Elias breaking my earlier promise about not looking at him and was surprised to find a smirk on his face.

My cheeks heated I was suddenly embarrassed because here I was jamming out to music like I was all by myself.

I reclined back into my seat folding my hands together and went back to being...well whatever it was I was doing.

I saw Elias's smirk disappear from the corner of my eye and his jaw clench.

A couple of more songs passed before Elias pulled into a parking lot.

I spotted JT's car.

I looked up at the sign of what I presumed would be a restaurant or diner instead "wingman's club"

"This is a club" I say nervously.

I've never been to a club before.
"And ?" Elias's says rudely.

"Nothing- it's just...nothing never mind" I spat out.

"There's a restaurant in there as well" Elias says as if he knew exactly what I was thinking.

It's not like I was going to eat anything.

I nodded slowly. I grabbed my bag and opened up the door.
I stepped out the car and walked around it. Elias came up right beside me and we walked side by side to the entrance.

There was a very drunk man leaning by the door to the entrance on my side.

I totally wasn't scared.
I totally didn't imagine my dad.

I didn't mean to but I instinctively leaned in closer to Elias. My shoulder brushed his and my back met half his chest.

Elias's body tensed up.

The man eyes roamed all over me. He looked at me in such a scrutinizing scary way. I hate this.

Before I could even register anything Elias slung his arm around my waist and pulled me in...close.

The man looked up at Elias and looked away quickly his shaky body and shaky eyes were cast downward.

As we stepped into the foyer of the restaurant/club I pushed away from Elias.

I needed space to breathe.

He looked down at me. I held his gaze. My cheeks burning.

"I thought I saw you guys come in...follow me I'll show you to the table." Kennas cheerful voice pops up out of nowhere.

I jumped out of my frozen state and turned to see Kenna smiling awkwardly at us.

I walked up to her and gave her a small hug and began walking behind her.

To be continued....