L E T T I N G G O

CONSTANTLY,
CONSISTENTLY,
CONTINUALLY,

YOU

Adeline

Maybe I'm stupid and maybe I trust and forgive people to easily but I don't think I've ever been happier.

Laying here in Elias's arms I feel so happy and calm and the serotonin and is flowing through my body. I feel at ease like nothing in the world could hurt me.

He tightens his arms around me and this makes me lean further into him as I run my and up and down his arm that's wrapped around my waist.

He drops a kiss to my head and I close my eyes from the peace of it all.

We stay like that watching the sun finally set and the sky take on a dark blue.

"Tell me about yourself." I say softly.

I feel him tense underneath me. His whole demeanor changes.

He doesn't say anything just stays silent but he continues to hold me.

I grow embarrassed at the fact that he hasn't responded. I probably made him really comfortable.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." I say making move to get up from my position.

Except Elias does not let that happen at all he simply pulls me back into him so we're even closer than before and then he takes a deep breath.

"Seriously I'm sorry you don't gave to tell me anything." I say growing uneasy from the situation I've created.

"Stop apologizing." Is all he says and then rests his chin on top of my head.

He once again doesn't say anything but after a while I hear him inhale...

"I'm an only child, I have a mom and a dad but they're not around much. My dads a uh- businessman and my mom stays at home but they live out of the city."

"I stay at the penthouse that you were in but no one else lives there with me." He says.

"That's lonely." I say gazing at the city's skyline while thinking about how hard it must be for him to live by himself. I mean he's only in high school.

I hear his deep chuckle and it sends vibrations along my body, my stomach doing cartwheels at the sensation.

"I mean you should have people over often so you're not alone as much." I say to him in all seriousness.

"Oh yeah ?" He responds but I could hear the smile in his voice.

Confused I go on.

"Yeah it's not good to be alone if you have people over the space won't feel as empty."

"Sure baby I'll have someone come over every once in a while." He says lowly and close to my ear.

It took me a minute but I realized that it looked as though I was implying Elias should invite me over. It sounded like I was pressuring him to take me to his house.

My face heats up and I cover it with my hands.

"Wait Elias that's not what I meant at all..." I say trying to reason with him.

I turn my body around so I'm face to face with him his face is full of amusement. He's grinning from ear to ear and I can tell he wants to laugh.

"Elias." I say seriously and then throw my head into his chest.

I'm so embarrassed right now.

"Say my name again." I hear his rasp from above me.

I freeze in my position and slowly lift my head.