S A M

LIKE BREATHING LOVING YOU IS THE MOST NATURAL FEELING I'VE EVER KNOWN.

- ALICIA N GREEN

♡♡♡

✨Adeline✨

Hey google...how do I make a man who's very angry after a phone call happy ? 

It started the minute we got onto the freeway Elias's phone rung and there was a lot of yelling from the other side of the phone and a lot of silence coming from Elias. However i'm guessing Elias got sick of staying quiet so he sort of erupted and began spewing a bunch of unknown words into he phone before he shut it off and threw the phone into the middle console.

Poor phone...

I wouldn't treat my damn phone like that...well if I had one anyway.

Rest in peace old phone. I have no idea where you are but hopefully you were sold on Ebay for the highest bidder. 

Elias has been silently fuming since the phone call ended. 

Should I say something ? 

That never turns out well but I mean it could be worth a shot. 

No. 

Yes. 

NO!

"So..." I say like an idiot. 

I peer at Elias who's face visibly softens. 

"The haunted house was fun right ? You know what personally I wasn't even that scared like if we went back right now and I was all alone i wouldn't be scared." I say lifting my chin up defiantly. 

"Yeah ?" Elias says smoothly. 

I can't help but admire the way his voice comes out so raspy. I felt that in my stomach. 

"Um-Yea" I say but it sounds more like a question. 

I'll think about anything to say or do so he could go back to the Elias he was not to long ago. 

We end up somewhere in between a comfortable silence and an awkward end to the conversation.

I play with the hemline of my skirt and follow the knitted line back and forth occupying my mind with anything else. 

I look out the window and take in the pretty night sky and the calmness of the freeway. 

I remember before my dad got bad with all the drinking he used to tell me that my mom was always looking down at us and smiling. 

I like to imagine my mom is the sky. 

I miss my dad. 

So much. 

I feel a tear slip and roll down my cheek. 

I sniffle as quietly as I can and wipe my lone tear before coming back to reality and push away from the window. 

I see Elias tense beside me before his long fingers reach forward and he clicks buttons on the console and the radio begins playing. 

Harry styles burst through the car and it's just what I need. 

I look over at Elias but he keeps his head straightforward but I see him tilt his head forward a little bit. 

It told me everything I needed though. 

He understood. 

                                                                                     ..............