F E E L I N G S

AND THEN SHE KNEW YOU COULD BECOME HOMESICK FOR PEOPLE TOO.

♡♡♡

Adeline

Babe...
Babe...
Babe...
Babe...
Babe...
Babe...

The word repeated in my head.
They were a couple.
Oh...

I ignored the way my heart sank and the way the butterflies in my stomach were long longer fluttering but slowly dying out.

Why was I this hurt ?
It didn't make sense. Elias and I aren't a couple there was no reason for me to be upset or heartbroken over him being in a relationship.

I looked up and peered up through my lashes and  saw Elias's hard stare at the Blondie and the way she ran her hand up and down his arm.

I mean I should've known...
Elias was the most beautiful person I'd ever seen he was so pretty. He was bound to be involved or in a relationship. The view in front of me confirmed the latter.

She leaned down and her skirt exposed more than I was comfortable seeing.

She whispered something into his ear. I looked at the two. They were a good looking couple I guess.
That only made me hurt even more because I know i'd never look like that.

Her breasts. and flat stomach.
It only made me steadily aware and insecure of my kinged grandma sweater and the not so flat stomach hiding under it.

I chose to look away from them. I looked around the diner. I acted as though I was interested in the distinct array of tables and chattering people.

When I looked back at Elias the blonde was no longer bending down but standing up straight her face flushed red and Elias had a small smirk on his face.
My face always flushed red whenever Elias was near me.
Guess I really was nothing special.

My heart tore a little more. I swear I felt it.
I was so mad at myself for being this upset.

I was unfamiliar with these feelings anyway so maybe what I was feeling is normal and I was the clueless one.

Yes that's it.

But then why would he call me baby and sweetheart and all these endearing terms. 
I couldn't anymore my head hurt thinking about it.

I focused back to see Elias had placed his order. He sat there just looking at me.
I squirmed under his intense stare.

Well...

"What did you order ?" I asked in hopes of getting him to say something instead of staring at me.

"Food" He replied in one word.

I know I wasn't the brightest but I'm sure I was asking what kind of food not the general answer he gave me.

Right. So now I just sit here nervously.
I fiddle with my fingers again my legs bouncing up and down.

Can he talk damn it...

"Are you always this nervous ?" He asks me suddenly.

Never mind can he go back to being silent.

What do I even say ?
No I'm just unnaturally nervous around you and it makes my insides flip and go berserk like boom you hear me boom boom that's how my heart sounds. Or the fact that I'm also unnaturally upset that you have a girlfriend.

Well I definitely couldn't say that.
Say something Adeline...

"No" I whisper the word barely coming out.