B R U I S E D

YOU'RE MY NEVER ENDING THOUGHT.

♡♡♡

✨Adeline✨

I opened my eyes and stared up at the ceiling. I stayed like that for a while...thinking.

I took in everything that had happened yesterday. I drank in every bit of fear and anguish that had rocked through my body yesterday.

Today is a new day I told myself.

I sat up a painful shriek flying out of my mouth.

A new day that appeared to be off to a great start.

I put a light hand on the flat of my stomach. Tears stinging my eyes.

I took a deep breath and gripped my bruised stomach lightly as it that would ease the pain. I stood up and walked towards the bathroom.

I opened the door slowly with one hand. I walked in used the bathroom and washed off the remnants of yesterday off my face. I looked at myself to see a sad pitiful girl looking back.

I lifted up my shirt slowly to see the damage. My lower stomach was all shades of purple and blue. I touched it slightly and grimaced.

My mouth was just a little bruised. My cheek red. It was doable no one would really notice. I could just tell Kenna that I fell.

Kenna. Crapcrapcrapcrap...

I brushed my teeth quickly and combed my hair. I needed to get to school quick and check up on her.

I walked as fast as I could without wincing in pain back to my room. I sat on my chair and applied minimal makeup. I put on deodorant and my favorite perfume.I needed to look as okay as possible.

I changed into mom jeans and knitted sweater. I put on my converse shoes and grabbed my bag. I looked for my phone. I couldn't find it anywhere. I tried to remember the last time I had it I couldn't. I lost my damn phone.

I slapped myself on the forehead. It was broken anyway.

I slowly walked down the steps careful not to wince in pain or make a sound scared my dad would hear and have other plans for me.

I grabbed my keys off the floor. I opened the door quietly and stepped out. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Free at last.

I gripped my stomach again in pain. I really should've taken a Tylenol.

I made a reminder to ask Kenna if she had any.

I gripped the railing and walked down the steps of my house. I began the trek to school.

....................

"Kenna I swear i'm fine" I laughed as Kenna made a circle around me inspecting me for any injuries.

I was silently thanking god that she couldn't see the hidden bruises or else it would've been harder to explain. Unlike the bruises on my face which Kenna reluctantly let go of when I told her I had taken a fall.

"How are you ?" I asked feeling a little guilty for not asking her earlier.

"I'm fine babe- It's you im worried about" She says.

"Well i'm okay..." I say reminding myself not to cry just because someone cares this much about me.

I smile at her and she pulls me in for a hug.I try my best not to flinch as she hugs me tight and presses against my bruise.