T H O U G H T S

LOVING YOURSELF WILL SAVE YOUR SOUL.

♡♡♡

✨Adeline✨

"You're shaking" are the first words that come out of Elias's mouth as he roughly stops the car.

I jolted forward slightly at the sudden impact. I leaned back slowly.

"Why ?" I heard Elias's deep voice once again.

I realized he was waiting for me to explain why I was shaking. Was it the kiss or the fight. The cold. Or was it the fact that I knew my dad was waiting for me to walk through the door.

"I- it's nothing i'm fine" I said quickly. I was not about to give him the reason I was so scared. I'm already vulnerable enough to him sitting in his car.

I wonder if he has anything planned probably my murder... the thought made me shiver.

"You're lying" He says anger dripping from his voice.

"I'm not" I said.

You so are Addy.

I put my hands beneath my thighs to hide the persistent nervous shake.

"Are - "Elias begins before taking a deep breath and then a pause then saying...

"Are you scared of me ?" He says his voice low but urging as if he really needs to know my answer.

Surpised by the question I hesitated.

I don't know. I was scared of what he could do to me the power he holds.
The thought hit me I wasn't sure if I was scared of him.
My mind was confused.

"I don't know" I answered honestly. That's the truth.

Anybody would say I'm an idiot because clearly he has it out for me but something told me that he didn't really want to harm me.
Yeah... you're definitely an idiot.

But then why would he defend me tonight ? He could've easily laid back and watched it happen.
It's not like he was opposed to the idea of me being hurt.
And he took me in his car.
Wait no he was forced to take me into his car.

Correction: Elias King still hates me.

I forced myself to stop with these ridiculous thoughts before I suffered catastrophic brain intrusion.
Is that even a diagnosis ? I doubt it.

"You don't know if you're scared of me ?" Elias asks. I almost forgot that I had replied stupidly to his question.

"What does it matter to you anyway ?" I say annoyed by his persistence.

Silence.

More silence passes by before I turned to look at him.
Everything he did was calculated his driving, the way he handled the steering wheel.
I admired his forearms. Muscular and veiny.
I couldn't help but think how they would look-
Oh my god.
What in the hell are you doing ADELINE ROSE.

I felt my cheeks heat up. I quickly looked away.

Oh my god
Oh my god
Oh my god
Oh my god
Oh my god

I was mortified. I've never done anything like that.

I kept my gaze concentrated at anything besides the human next to me in the car.

Oh! Look it's a tree.
Such a pretty tree. So tall and thick and brown.

Oh! Look it's a homeless man.
Wait what.
I focus my gaze on the old man leaning against a wall.