A P O L O G I E S

SHE IS STILLNESS IN A WORLD OF CHAOS.

♡♡♡

✨Adeline✨

I'm sorry for everything...

The words repeated in my head over and over again. It was an echo sounding like a drum in my brain.

He's apologizing. For what ? Don't get me wrong he had a lot to apologize for but this could be a simple sorry for speeding and scaring you to death get back in the car now.

No it felt different him saying the word everything meant something more. His tone suggesting he was desperate.

"What ?" I said out of breath.

Why couldn't I breathe.

"I'm sorry for...shit this is hard" Elias mumbles.
He takes a deep breath before he begins...

"I'm sorry for humiliating you and insulting you...treating you like shit. Orchestrating all of that crap-fuck I'm sorry Adeline. You never deserved any of that. I'm a dick. I was mad that you humiliated me in front of half the school. No one-" He closes his eyes and clenches his jaw before continuing

"No one has ever stood up to me like that before it was new to me. It's not an excuse but it was my reasoning. I'm sorry Adeline...I'm so fucking sorry. What I said about your mom..."

My heart drops...

"It was fucked up. You don't deserve that at all. I was angry and when I'm angry I need to hurt people and that's how I knew I could hurt you. It's the most fucked up shit in the world and god Adeline I'm sorry."

I felt the first tear hit my cheek before he finished his sentence.

He stands there beside me taking long deep breaths.

I have no idea what to say. Do I forgive him ?
I'm breathing hard...this could be another trick he could be messing around with me.

No. It sounded too genuine.

"You don't have to say anything" Elias says quietly.

That's the thing I didn't know what to say.
"You don't have to forgive me either" He adds on.

It takes me a while before I realize that I do. I do forgive him. He made mistakes big ones he made so many of them. He's human though he made mistakes and he's apologizing for them. This didn't mean that I trust him it just meant that I understood. We all say things out of anger and they don't always mean it...I would know. Elias didn't have to apologize but he did he could've easily walked away and forgot all about me instead he acknowledged his mistakes and in this kind of society that's quite hard to find. We all want to be forgiven at one point in our lives so why not return the gesture to other people when they ask.

"I do" I say out loud.
"I forgive you...you're human and you made mistakes and you hurt me but I forgive you..." I explain.

Elias let's out a breath.
It takes him a while before he says
"Good" he whispers more to himself rather than to me and then he says it once again this time he says it firmly before turning around a grabbing my arms tilting my head so I can look at him.

"Now..." he whispers lowering himself closer to my face.
"What do I do with you Adeline Rose" He says in a tone that has me wanting to fall into his chest.