B R E A T H E

IN THE END EVEN THE STARS CHOOSE DESTRUCTION OVER LIFE.

♡♡♡

✨Adeline✨

"Breathe..." Elias's calming voice repeats like it has been for the past couple of minutes.

"In and out..." He says slowly.

He's holding me my back to his chest his hand slinging over my body his other arm cupping my face as he leans against the wall.

"Come on sweetheart breathe..." Elias says.

My heart misses 1,000 beats at the way he says sweetheart. It's making it harder for me to breathe that way.

I take calming breaths inhaling for 5 seconds and exhaling for 3 following what Elias told me.
My breathing slowed immensely.

I feel his hot breathe against my head and the way he hesitates.

I suddenly feel heated as my breathing normalizes and I realize the compromising position were in.

I feel his closeness and how warm he feels. I feel his legs pressed up at the back of my thighs and something hard up against my backside.

I freeze my lips parted and my pulse racing.

I'm feeling so much I can't take it. I've never felt this way before. I feel guilty why does my body react this way with him ? Have I done something wrong.

I free myself from his grip trying to take in everything not wanting to make another mistake.
I don't know how these things work.
I looked up at him to find him already looking at me.

"I- thank you...I'm sorry you had to do that for me but um- thank you really" I say all the while looking down finding the intricate form of pavement interesting.

"You don't- fuck" Elias begins to say....
Clearly my presence is straining him. I'm going to go now so I don't bother him even more.

I begin walking away. I'm about to turn the around the side of the building when I feel Elias's tall figure behind me.

"You're leaving ?" He asks softly.

I turn to face him.
"Yeah- I'll find my own way home." I say quickly that way he doesn't think he has to give me a ride.

I don't want to bother Kenna and JT either. I don't want them to be bothered by the fact that I need a ride.

"No." Elias says.

No?
No?
No?

The question repeats in my head before I vocalize my thoughts.

"No?"

"No." Elias repeats.

"I'm confused" I say.

"You'll ride with me." Elias says as if it's final.

"Y-you don't have to do that" I say quietly.

"I know." Elias replies.

Oh.

Elias grabs my bag that's slinger across my shoulder and walks. I follow behind him like a lost puppy.

We reach his car and I scan the parking lot to see if I see any sign of Kenna or JT and his car.

"They left...I told them too" Elias says as he closes the back door after putting my bag in there.

"Oh okay" I practically whisper.

I step into the car closed the door and put my seatbelt on.

I fiddled with my fingers as Elias steps in and puts his seatbelt.

Why has he changed with me ?
I needed to ask him.
The question first lingered in my head when he suddenly changed his ways after the fight at the party now the question lingered on my tongue.
Did he pity me ? I really hope that wasn't it.

I hope he realized he was a douche a really big one and this is his sort of apology.

"Why are you so nice now-" I blurt out.
I slap my hand over my mouth and then slap my forehead.

Adeline Rose. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT ?

I yelled at myself internally.

I see Elias's jaw clench and unclench.

Bad idea really bad idea.

I should've just shut up. I would've if my mother didn't open and talk by itself.

I dropped my hands again and fiddled with my fingers again this time picking at my cuticles.

"I- Fuck" Elias begins but than stops angrily.

"It's okay you don't have too"I told him nervously .

I would rather shut up than force any kind of apology out of him. Or any sort of explanation.

"Explain I mean..." I say clearing up my previous statement.

Elias says nothing.

I continue fiddling with my fingers.
The car engine sounds and Elias pulls out of the parking lot his hand gripping the steering wheel harshly.

He drives on the expressway...fast.
It starts off a little speedy it got bad pretty fat though he was flying through the lanes.
I grip onto the chair beneath me. I grow anxious.
At the speed he's going we'll crash.
He's zooming skipping cars and switching lanes.

The beeps and angered sounds of people in their cars made me shrink in my seat.

"Elias...please slow down" I say.

He only sped up. I looked at him his eyes forward and dimmed jaw clenched. His knuckles white.

I was terrified not of him but of what could happen.

"Elias please" I whisper.
I grip his shoulder in a pleading motion.

I close my eyes in fear and my breathing speeds up. I tightened my hands on his shirt.

We were going so fast until we weren't. The car slowed and Elias's tense shoulders dropped a little bit.

I snatched my hand away tears falling from mh eyes.
I was mad.
I angrily wiped at my eyes. Sniffling harshly. I was angry he sped up like that with me in the car. I was angry he made me cry since I cry all the time now.

I was just angry at him... I hated it.

He pulled over to the side of the road next to an empty green field with dandelions filling it.

Perfect picture if I had a phone or wasn't so mad.
I unbuckled my seatbelt and stepped out of the car closing the door.

I should've slammed it.

I walked towards the field. I took a deep breath.

My breathing calmed down my sniffles reduced.
I hugged myself wrapping.

I kept on looking forward at the empty field breathing in and out.

The presence of another body standing beside me hit me. Elias I realized.

Who else would it be dummy...
Right.

He stepped closer to me. Our arms brushing together.

I heard take a huge intake of breath before he opened his mouth. His next words changed everything.
"I'm sorry...for everything"

Word count:1065
Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

WE HIT 2,000 READS IM FREAKING OUT...Thank you guys so much I couldn't be more grateful.

I'll try to update soon also please feel free to leave your comments and suggestions I love seeing them.

Happy readingg!!!