C L O W N

I CRAVE A LOVE THAT DROWN OCEANS.
♡♡♡

Adeline

This carnival's set up was amazing.

The layout of games and rides all over the open field had me wanting to grab Kenna's hand and try every single one. The area was being lit up by ferry lights and bright spotlights.

The setting was truly out of a movie.

I walked beside Elias as we made our way to the end of the carnival to meet up with Kenna and JT since they parked at the wrong side.

I knew this because of the conversation Elias had on the phone with JT to figure out what was taking them so long but the phone call instead consisted of Kenna yelling at JT while JT yelled at Kenna all while trying to figure out where they were.

I burst out laughing in that moment at that ridiculousness of JT and Kenna.

We kept walking in silence but I didn't mind. It was my first time at a carnival and I was having fun observing everything.

I smiled at the little kids who were arguing over a stuffed animal in front of one of the game stands.

The little girls lip starts wobbling her eyes tearing up a little and the boy holding the stuffed animal notices this and hands her the stuffed animal a defiant look on his face. The little girl immediately halts her crying and takes it from his hands and pulls him into a deep hug.

Oh my god...that is so adorable I couldn't help the squeal that escaped my mouth.

Crap...

I forgot that I may or may not have been walking with someone that someone being Elias...

I slowly turned my head towards him to meet his gaze.

Well i'm not apologizing this time...my reason was quite explainable.

Cuteness equals squealing.

Yeah

Except as I open my mouth to do just that I feel a flutter across my back and scary whisper...

"How are you beautiful ? Would you like a balloon ?"

I scream out and immediately jump back into Elias. I face the cause of my outburst and find a clown holding a bouquet of balloons in his hand looking all scary.

His smile is persistent as I let out a long breath of relief and look around at the bystanders laughing at my sudden eruption. I felt myself turn red and shrink.

The only thing that's worse is the fact that I threw myself at Elias and now im sort of leaning into him while is hand is wrapped around my waist and i'm gripping his arms.

Great...just great.

I look up at Elias and see he's already looking at me. My breathing quickens as I continue to stare at him.

I let out a soft breath and shake my head out of my sudden trance. I straighten myself so i'm no longer leaning and gather myself and then find it in me to snort and let out a soft laugh at the scene.

I see the that the clown is still standing there I guess waiting for a response.

"Um No thank you Mr.Clown...guy" I smile awkwardly.

He simply walks away with no response. I take in a deep breath and then stop when I realize Elias's hands are still wrapped around my waist.

I look down at his hands and then hear a throat clear off somewhere in front of us and Elias removes his hand and I try not to feel too upset at the sudden coldness.