9.

*One week later*

Since the Cup Match last week, I think it's safe to say that me and Aidan have humbled ourselves. We've kept out of trouble and forced our hopes to stay down, convinced that we were just a funny phase in the weird Chelsea FC friendship. I mean, if we hadn't served them and got accidentally drunk with them, they still wouldn't know us? It's not like they would have stumbled across our socials in their free time and tried to get in touch with us?

"Closing shifts are bitches." I groan, sticking the bar's mop and bucket back into it's cupboard. "Well, more specifically this shift has been a bitch."

"It was just the customers!" Aidan agrees, sorting old stock and decanting the last drops of spirits into the correct bottles. "One girl was trying to flirt with me by boasting about herself."

"Aidan, when a rich person flirts with you, you flirt back for tips!" I tell him, clapping the back of hand into my palm. "How many times do we get told that?"

"No, absolutely not, I'd rather stick pins in my eyes." Aidan chuckles, shaking his head. "She showed me her Instagram page and went 'ignore my follower count, it's nothing' as if everyone just casually has 30k followers?"

I give a little chuckle in response, coming around to the back of the bar and looking through the soft drink choices. After shifts, bar staff are always allowed a soft drink and snack for free, as the bar usually makes so much money that our snack afterwards probably wouldn't make much impact on the bar's income. I grab a bottle of Coke and some Pipers Chorizo crisps, then perch on one of the bar cushioned, leather, elegant stools and watch as Aidan finishes off his job. As I stare at the back of his head, my mind wanders off in a trail of thoughts. This time last week me and him were wearing our best outfits, scrubbing up for once in our very anti-climatic lives, and parading around Stamford Bridge stadium. After being 'caught red-handed' outside the changing rooms, me and Aidan made multiple headlines less than a day later, and it's safe to say I read a lot of curious comments about us. How I'm one of the player's 'secret girlfriend' and that I'm 'obsessed with my boyfriend'. Oh, and Aidan was just some maniac who tagged along with me?

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Aidan asks quietly with a smile, looking at me in the reflection of the mirrors behind the shelves.

"Sorry, was just thinking about last week." I apologise, reverting my gaze to my crisps and drink. "How we made headlines but haven't been chased down by the paparazzi like you said."

"We're lucky the camera had shit quality." Aidan tells me. "If they had focused it differently then-"

We both pause as the elevator dings; the elevator normally programs its self to not allow people up after 01:00 as that's when we have to stop serving, the only way someone can get up is with a staff pass? Aidan gives me a confused glance, putting the bottle of vodka back on the shelf and leaning on the front bar. I turn around in my chair, watching the elevator as it starts counting the floors.

"Please don't tell me this is Bobby." I mumble, glancing to Aidan.

"Has he spoken to you about 'the shift' yet?" He replies, reminding me of last week.

"No." I mumble, grimacing at the thought of him confronting me face-to-face. "Shit, am I about to get sacked?"

"Looks like that waitress won't be the only person losing her job over one mistake." Aidan teases me, giving me a smirk.