45.

Ok, maybe we didn't go with Kai's favourite meal. Everything he offered I ended up turning down, purely because I didn't like it or because I wasn't in the mood for it. I didn't realise how much of a picky eater I was until it came to ordering food online! We eventually settled on Greek food from a place called 'Street Greek'; I ordered a souvlaki wrap and Kai got chicken gyros loaded chips with spicy chilli sauce. Our food arrived very quickly, and it was piping hot when it arrived as the place is fairly local.

"This is so nice, thank you." I nod, tucking into my wrap. "Can I pay you back?"

"No, you paid to come and watch our match today, so I'm paying for this." Kai shakes his head at me.

"Then I'm making our next meal." I tell him, taking a sip of water. "So it works both ways."

Kai side nods his head in response, picking up a few chips with his fork and putting them into his mouth. The mouthwatering food has made his smart kitchen smell like a Greek restaurant, all we need is some funky background music and we'd feel like we're in a proper restaurant. We ate in tranquility for a few moments, appreciating our delicious food as we start to gobble it down. I could eat Greek food all day every day without a problem, the tastes and the mix of ingredients are unbeatable!

"Have you reapplied for your job yet?" Kai asks, breaking the silence between us.

"Yeah, I did it a while ago." I nod, using a paper towel to wipe some grease off my fingers. "My rent's going up, so I need to start working again."

"Or just come live here."

My wide eyes lock with his in surprise, my eyebrows poised as if I didn't just hear what he said. He continues to eat his meal as if what he just said was completely normal, as if offering someone to move in with you is a casual everyday thing to do? My body has completely frozen in front of him, and he just watches me. Does he actually mean that?

"You want me to move in with you?" I ask, slowly putting the tissue down.

"We're together all the time." Kai points out, which is true. "It makes sense?"

I clear my throat, looking down towards my food in thought. He does have a good point, we're together for the majority of the time when we aren't working. The only time I'm ever in my flat is just to eat and sleep, and usually he's with me. It's not the moving out part I'm worried about, I just don't want to make Kai feel uncomfortable in his own home, like he's got to act different around me? Also, I don't want to be unintentionally taking advantage of his fame and his money?

"Are you sure?" I ask, picking up my wrap again, but not actually eating the rest of it. "It's your house, I don't want to make things weird for you."

"I wouldn't have offered if I didn't want you here." Kai mentions bluntly, poking some chips around in the tangy sauce and eating them up.

"I know, but I don't want to be a burden on you." I grin, shaking my head. "As long as I can contribute towards bills?"

"Yeah, that's fine." Kai nods, finishing off his food.

The thought of moving out of my flat feels so weird? I've been there for so long now, and the place has slowly changed to fit me without even realising? Moving from there to here is going to be a huge step for me. I mean, I'll be living with another person, which I haven't done for the last year and a half. I'll also be living in a house without neighbours all around me, so it's going to be a lot quieter than the flats. Plus, housework! Kai's house is a lot bigger than my flat, and I don't know how he likes everything to be kept. Where will I be staying as well? Is there a spare room? Last time I stayed here we just shared his bed, so is that what will be happening with me?

"When do you want to do it?" Kai asks, collecting up my stuff once I'm finished eating. "When do you need to pay rent next?"

"It's due in, like, a week's time?" I shrug, picking up the few bits of rubbish he couldn't carry and following him to the kitchen.

"You may as well get out of there before you have to pay again." Kai states as I move around him to get to the assorted bins hidden inside a cupboard. "How much of the flat is yours?"

"None of the furniture is mine, just the stuff around it." I tell him, pausing to get a mental note of my flat, like I'm ticking off everything in it. "We could probably move it all in one hit."

"Fancy doing it now?" Kai asks, getting a shocked look from me in return which causes him to laugh. "Kidding!"

I shake my head at him, sorting out all of the stuff in the brown bag and putting it in the correct bins. Awww, I'm moving in with someone! I thought Aidan would be the first person that I'd move in with, as we've been close friends for long enough now. Well, if my flat had two bedrooms then he probably would've moved in with me in the first place!

"Oh, do you know how Aidan's doing?" I ask, perching on the kitchen countertops. "I don't remember what happened to me after I got whacked, weirdly."

"The guy knocked you out, that's why you don't remember." Kai tells me without making eye contact with me, his jaw tensing in frustration. "He's not too bad, but worse than you."

Woah. Why did that little spark of emotion take my breath away? Whenever something vicious or violent happens to me, I normally just joke it off with whoever found out. But Kai has taken it seriously, like it's gotten under his skin? Do I mean that much to him?

"Well, I'm a woman, and unfortunately it worked better in my case than Aidan's." I huff, wondering why people have the need to fight anyway. "How bad is he?"

"He's got a few cuts on his face, but first aid said his body was sore when they got to him." Kai says, slowly walking up to me and tilting his head a little. "It had to be you and Aidan, didn't it?"

"Next time we'll go and get security rather than try deal with it ourselves." I sigh, rolling my eyes at him. "Happier now?"

"Not until you promise." He grins, stepping closer to me and sweetly putting his hands on my knees.

"Oh come on, why am I promising something that's never going to happen again anyway?" I ask, frowning at him. "Yes, I promise that I will never try and split up a fight between 8 middle-aged drunk men again."

"Very detailed?" Kai chuckles.

"You asked for it!" I scoff, causing us to laugh again.

He steps a little closer as we continue to smile at each other, like we did the last- and first- time we kissed. Now that this time is happening a weeny bit slower, my head has the chance to process what's happening. I nervously chew my lip as the nerves start to grow, and I wish I could learn to control the butterflies in their cage that is my stomach. I place my hands on top of his, and let him slowly lean closer. I close my eyes whilst still smiling, the strong smell of deep, masculine, musky cologne washing over me. We give each other a little kiss, then pull away for a few seconds before giving each other another little peck again.

"You know, I really like you." Kai says quietly, his voice deeper now that he isn't speaking quite so loud.

"Really?" I ask softly, raising my eyebrows at him whilst looking between his beautiful eyes. "I'd hope so, considering I'm moving in with you!"

"Well, and what you told me after the champion's league." Kai reminds me of my most embarrassing moment this year.

"At least you know I wasn't lying to you."