32.

"Holy shit." Aidan whispered to me as the elevator doors opened.

The outing tonight is at Gong's Bar in The Shard. It's the the top of the hotel section, sitting comfortably on the 52nd floor. It's luxurious, Asian-themed design looks extremely realistic, and the dimmed lighting suits the place perfectly. Not many bars or restaurants can pull of hazy lighting, but this venue has hit the nail on the head. Even the music matches the setting, like we've escaped the lively UK cities just for a moment. Yet, when you look out the floor-to-ceiling windows, you're greeted with the sight of the London Bridge, and a labyrinth of multicoloured lights. If that doesn't amaze you, then the still infinity pool must do. The water looks like it's been frozen in time, with no ripples, splashes, nothing! It almost looks empty? There's no big tables, only 2 seater, 4 seater and a few 6 seaters, so everyone is spread all over the place, with cool and collected waiters and waitresses effortlessly carrying loaded trays in one hand, with their free hands tucked neatly behind the arches of their backs.

"This is... something." I mumble, slowly walking out of the elevator with Aidan.

Me and Aidan are the last to arrive, as we got pulled aside by the cameras. The boys knew better than us, and didn't give the cameras too much of their time and attention. Me and Aidan didn't really know what to do, and the flashing flustered us both like catching a fox in headlights. We managed to escape an interviewer about 5 minutes after the last of the team went to the bar, but even then some of them followed us to the door.

"The lagers are all a tenner!" Aidan quietly gasps as he holds a menu out to me. "Cocktails are all £23 as well!"

"Those two are £14?" I whisper, pointing to the two cheapest drinks on the cocktail menu.

"Because they're non-alcoholic." Aidan shows me, then looks up around the restaurant. "I'm not a gold digger, but if anyone offers rounds tonight then count me in."

I nod in agreement, then walk into the restaurant so our faces can be seen. Before we can get any closer to the team, a waitress with a smart hairdo and pristine uniform greets us with a wide, toothy smile, crossing her dinky hands behind her back.

"Welcome to Gong's Bar, can I get your names please?" The waitress asks, keeping her voice down to retain the calm atmosphere in the bar.

"Aidan Hawke and Cassie Parsons." I tell her, admiring her eyeliner in jealousy.

"Right this way, please." The waitress nods, turning on her heel and leading us around the restaurant.

This place is so peaceful, I'm not sure how long it's going to stay like this before everyone gets tipsy. I doubt that we're all animals, but everyone naturally gets louder and more settled when they've got alcohol in them. From our past experiences, me and Aidan know our limit with drinks; maybe tonight is one of those where I've got to be careful.

Doubt that will happen though.

I'm guided to sit on a grey sofa, with bronze and velvet pink throw pillows, next to Kai, who gives me a small smile as we're reunited from the car. Aidan sits opposite on a beige, fancy, patterned arm chair with Mason next to him. On the table sits four drinks; two lagers and two tall glasses with fizzy cola in. Yet, when I get a whiff of the drinks, I recognise a familiar vanilla scent, one that me and Aidan blame for our irresponsible actions at Cosmo's and The Rooftop. If you know what drink I'm on about, then you deserve a gold star.

"How much did they cost?" I ask Kai, nodding to the waitress to thank her before she walks away.

"We don't need to talk about prices tonight." He shrugs, raising an eyebrow as he gets his drink from the table. "Have you seen the view?"

I did see it from the elevator, but I can get a better look from here. I peer over my shoulder to get a look around, slowly exhaling through my nose in disbelief as London looks astonishing. The skyscraper buildings, the isolated bridge going across the Thames, the cars looking like fireflies all over the city; the daytime view is nothing compared to this. It's funny how, as you walk through all these areas, you never take in their beauty, yet from above you can't help but stare in awe. There's not a peep from the outside world, as if the glass is made of a magical sound-proof material. It feels like we're in the clouds, which suits the cloud-9 sensation I'm getting right now.

"Mhmm, it's alright." I shrug, pretending it's no big deal. "Nothing special really."

"You're kidding." Kai remarks, doing a double take and glancing out the window as if I'm seeing a completely different city.

"Obviously." I chuckle, taking a sip of my drink. "There's a better view next to me though."

I HATE FLIRTING!

But! This actually seemed to go to plan! Kai whips his head to look back at me, and he restrains himself from smirking as we hold eye contact for a few seconds. He lightly chuckles as he reaches for his drink, looking away from me just in time for me to compose myself. I completely forgot Aidan and Mason were sitting in front of us; when I looked up at them, Aidan gives a small grin and shakes his head at me. Thankfully, Mason was talking to Aidan and missed mine and Kai's moment, but I still feel guilty for making Aidan feel awkward.

"What's the plan now that you've finished the champions league?" I ask, sucking my drink through a metal straw. "Is there a new competition starting?"

"We've got the international stuff now." Mason answers, completely ditching his and Aidan's conversation. "Just a few friendlies before the real thing."

"Oh, I never knew about that." I frown, looking to Aidan as if it's his fault, as he normally updates me on the competitions. "Does that mean you won't have any Chelsea games?"

"We won't be in London at all, we train in Staffordshire." Mason answers, picking up his drink. "Not all of us are going there anyway, he's got to go back to Germany."

I slowly nod, allowing Aidan to carry on the conversation for me. I glimpse over to Kai, who looks at me out the corner of his eye whilst he's listening to Aidan and Mason. It's not my place to be told, but why didn't I know about this? How long has it been planned? Plus, me and Aidan work alongside the men's team most of the time, does that mean we're going to get split at work? The thought of Kai going away for a long time for football feels agonising, but that's life for him. Me and Aidan are going to pass our courses soon though, will they all be back for that? I don't want to celebrate something they gave us without them?

"How long are you away for?" Aidan asks, crossing his ankle over his knee, unable to get comfortable in his suit.

"Depends on matches." Kai says, running a hand through his hair. "Not too long, hopefully."

"At least you get a chance to return home!" I smile, seeing a positive side to a selfishly-saddening situation. "We'll miss you in London though, it's a shame that you're missing our 'graduation'."

"Oh yeah!" Mason exclaims, pointing a finger to Aidan. "That's soon, right?"

"Two three weeks?" Aidan nods, unsure of the actual dates himself. "Don't worry about it though, getting into the World Cup is more important."

"No, don't say that." Kai shakes his head almost apologetically.

"No, seriously, you guys need to get into this, otherwise we won't have work." Aidan chuckles, nodding to me across the table. "Don't worry about us, we can meet when you get back."

I can't believe they're leaving. Not only that, but so many of the players are from different nationalities, how are you meant to support all of them? I want to support Kai, but he'll be playing against 'my team', so then what do we do? I guess we just celebrate both? But I'm not German, it wouldn't make sense!