37.

27th November ~ Graduation Day

"Cassie, I'm so proud of you." My 94-year-old grandma sobs over the phone. "I can't wait to see you, I love you so much!"

"I love you too, Grandma!" I smile, my heart throbbing as my Grandma's soft voice hardly makes it down the phone. "I'll see you soon, I've got to go now!"

"Yes, yes, see you later sweetie." She sniffles, trying to compose herself. "I didn't come to London for nothing now, did I?"

"Of course not!" I laugh, shaking my head. "Ok, goodbye! Love you!"

I end the phone call, then exhale deeply as I unsuccessfully try to regain my composure. This is the first time that all of my family has travelled to London to see me, rather than me going to see them. They're all eagerly yet patiently waiting for me in the player's lounge, where mine and Aidan's graduation is being held today. Yes! Today! I've completed a whole course over the summer and actually passed it! Time has- quite literally- flew by! It's like the summer has just slipped from my fingers, and I hardly had chance to grasp it and embrace the moment! From serving a Chelsea FC in a bar to becoming a face behind the exact same team, and it's all happened within such a short time period!

Mine and Aidan's family are all in the player's lounge, as there isn't a game on today, so it's going to be free to us all day. Although they're awaiting our arrival, what they don't know is that me and Aidan have actually been waiting for them! The team behind our graduation have hidden us in our Club Box, which I feel like I haven't to in months. We've had little spies flipping in and out of the lounge, telling us when someone arrives and how much longer we've got until we have to reveal ourselves. As my family has never met Aidan, and vice versa, we've decided to go with the matching outfit look. Well, matching colour outfits! I've got on a little turtle neck, black, tight-fit jumper dress with tights and my black boots that I used to wear to work; I have cleaned them up by the way! Aidan is wearing a turtleneck, black, long-sleeved top and smart black jeans, and he isn't wearing his typical white trainers. He's wearing black high-top converse, which he looks fairly smart in!

"I need to stop drinking when I'm nervous, that's what I've learnt this year." Aidan remarks, putting an empty glass down on the side. "Imagine if I turned up to our graduation drunk!"

"Good thing you don't get drunk off of one rum and coke then, isn't it?" I tease, earning an eye roll from him. "At least your drink helped, I'm still shit scared!"

"Did I say that it helped?" Aidan chuckles, wandering out onto the balcony and leaning over to get a glance into the lounge. "I can't see a damn thing!"

"How many of your lot are coming?" I ask, staying inside as it's chilly out there. "I think I've got roughly 30?"

"Jesus." Aidan remarks, giving me a concerned look. "I think I have the same as you!"

So that's 60 people, plus some of the media and the health team, plus other friends of the family! All in the player's lounge! No pressure on us, but that's going to be a lot of people to talk to! Oh God, what if we have to do speeches? I'm awful at public speeches, and don't even try telling me that interviews are the same thing!

As me and Aidan retreat inside, Jay walks in with a happy smirk on his face. In both his hands, he holds a stereotypical black cloak and a mortarboard hat, like the outfits university students wear. Me and Aidan gasp at the sight of them, and Aidan grabs my arm as he bursts into laughter. I cling onto him as well, then gasp again as I notice the Chelsea logo embroidered onto the chest of the cloaks.

"These were specially made for you two, so don't go thinking that you'll get away without wearing them!" Jay tells us, handing them to me and Aidan who will happily wear these any day. "I'll prewarn you, you're going to have a lot of photos taken of you today, and not only in the player's lounge."