46.

"It's Aidan, I'm coming up." A voice comes through the buzzer.

"Cool, see you in a bit."

I haven't told Aidan anything about me and Kai moving in together. Well, me moving in with Kai, more like. I haven't spoke to him since what happened yesterday, because he's been busy resting. Weird phrase, right? 'Busy resting'. Just sounds like he's actively being lazy.

My flat right now is pretty much empty. All of my stuff is gone, and the boxes are probably being moved into Kai's house as we speak. I didn't call Aidan to help in the end, he's taken the day off work to help his injuries, so I didn't feel like getting him to carry boxes everywhere. Standing in my flat feels like I've just bought a house on a game that hasn't been renovated. There's no decorations on the walls, my shoes aren't by the door and there's no extra pillows or rugs anywhere. It's all bland, dull and grey. 'Modern', as everyone calls it! I wish that I could have the balcony doors open one last time, but it's bloody freezing and tipping down out there. Typical UK weather!

"Hey." Aidan nods, walking through the front door that I have blatantly left open. "How you feeling after getting KO'd in one hit?"

He hasn't noticed that everything is gone...

"Cheers Aidan." I nod bluntly, pretending like nothing in my flat has changed, at all. "I'm fine, thanks for saving my life, you're such a hero."

"You saw the The Sun's report too?" Aidan chuckles, strolling into the flat and plopping down onto the sofa, kicking his legs up. "I'm not complaining if they're calling me a hero."

"Don't get too big for your boots." I mutter, leaning back against a kitchen countertop and crossing my arms. "How are you feeling?"

"It hurts to walk." He groans, sitting up properly after noticing I'm not sitting with him. "They proper booted me in the ribs mind, I'm surprised they haven't snapped."

Aidan is currently sitting in the most stripped down part of the flat. He hasn't noticed that the TV is missing, let alone the wobbly coffee table and the bright curtains that have mysteriously disappeared. I have to look away for a split second, hiding my smirk by pretending to itch my nose before looking back to him. Even the very sofa he's sat on is missing it's character; normally I have a blue blanket draped over the back and matching throw pillows on it. Now, there's nothing but the basic pillows that you sit and lean against.

"Nice accent." I chuckle, noting his slang coming out for a brief second. "Didn't lose the cheek then, huh?"

"No, you clearly did." Aidan grins, nodding to my paper stitches.

"And you nearly lost your nose and your eye." I scoff, noting how one of his eyes are more swollen and coloured around the outer corner.

Might be why he hasn't seen that half my flat is missing!

"Don't ask me how I got them, I just remember getting hit and that was that." Aidan grunts, prodding the bridge of his nose where the cut is.

I thought he was about to spot that the coffee table and rug was gone, as his eyes stared into thin air. Instead, he's clearly lost in his own thoughts, trying to remember who thwacked him across the nose yesterday afternoon. Maybe I'm just being really inconsiderate, and there's actually something wrong with him in his head?

"I was fine though, I just went back to Mason's place and played games with him." Aidan admits, blinking back from his day dream.

"Jeez, I would've thought something was seriously wrong with you if you didn't play games." I scoff sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

Aidan gives me a chuckle, shaking his head and looking out the balcony doors. The rain now beats down harder than ever, and the sound of it plunging on the balcony above drones through the flat. Then, I see it in his eyes that he feels like something is off. He slowly looks around, first spotting that the TV is gone. With an extremely worried face, he observes the whole room, his lips slowly parting.

"Fucking hell, have you been robbed?" He asks in disbelief with a hushed voice. "Where's all your stuff?"

"I can't believe you only just noticed!" I burst into laughter, holding my stomach as I lean over a little. "The door was wide open, when do I ever do that?"

"I thought you left it open for me?" Aidan frowns, stiffly getting up and looking around my flat. "Seriously, Cass, where's your stuff?"

Time to play with Aidan, part two!

"I, umm." I dramatically cool myself down, clearing my throat to try and show some form of disappointment. "I'm moving back home."

Aidan's face drops, and it actually makes me feel bad for him. I can't break character just yet, the show has only just started, and I want to see how long it can run for before Aidan calls my bluff. He gives me a clear look of confusion, looking around the flat again as if he's hallucinating.

"You what?" He asks, his voice quiet and to himself. "When?"

"Today, I'm leaving after dinner." I nod, looking to my watch. "I called you over to say goodbye."

"Hang on, what about Cobham and the team?" Aidan argues, walking over to me. "What about Kai?"

"There's nothing." I sigh, closing my eyes and shaking my head. "We fell out last night arguing about the fight, he said I was too clingy and impulsive."

"Are you having a laugh?" Aidan scoffs, narrowing my eyes.

"I agreed with him." I carry on, knowing I'm about to botch the story up. "I said I didn't want the publicity and the fame, and it would be better off if I went back home whilst social media was distracted."

Aidan frowns at me again, then looks away as he tries to add it all up. It was the best story I could come up with, on the spot anyway. You can hear the gears cranking in his head over the rumble of the rain, and the steam coming out his ears as they malfunction. If he somehow believes this story then I'm not sure how I'm going to break it to him that I was joking.

"You're chatting shit, aren't you?" Aidan asks, the corner of his lips curving into a smirk. "There's no way you split off with him after telling him you loved him."

"Two people have reminded me of that in the last 24 hours!" I complain, dropping the sad act. "Yeah, I'm joking, I'm staying in London."

"Jesus Cassie, don't do that!" Aidan chuckles, shaking his head at me as his cheeks go red. "But seriously, where's your stuff if it hasn't been nicked or in the back of a transit?"

"It's currently at Kai's house." I slowly tell him, watching as his eyes nearly pop out their sockets. "I'm moving in with him."

Aidan's jaw drops, like he's waiting for the third punchline. He gasps and puts a hand on his mouth, stepping away from me and looking me up and down. This is not the reaction I was expecting, if I'm being completely honest. I was waiting for the flurry of sarky comments, or for the endless interrogation of how it all happened and what's coming next. Whatever I expected, it was anything but dead silence from one of the most extroverted people I know.

"You're not, like, pregnant?" Aidan whispers, his eyes glued to my stomach. "Is that why you're moving in together?"

"What! Aidan!" I scoff, narrowing my eyes at him. "No! I'm just moving in with him, that's all!"

"You'd tell me if you were, right?" He says, hardly giving me time to finish my sentence.

"Yes, I'll make sure to bring us fluffy pyjamas and a girl's movie set as well." I remark, cocking my head at him. "Is that alright with you babes?"

"Can't wait." He winks cheekily.

Absolute melon.