18.

2 weeks later
Aidan's Interview
Aidan's PoV

If you approached me this time one month ago and told me that I'd be going for an interview on Chelsea TV, I wouldn't believe you. Oh, and that's not just out of spite, like the usual 'haha that would never happen', it would've been because I would not step foot out of line for Liverpool. But here we are! A Liverpool fan, working with Chelsea and going to one of their interviews!

I'm 99.9% sure that I'm prepared for this. I'm wearing my everyday clothes but 'looking tidy' as requested, I've practiced some questions that might get asked and I'm making sure that I'm not overly professional. In other words, the posh customer service voice has been turned off! I don't think Chelsea TV host interviews like the papers and talk shows do, I'm pretty sure I'm just featuring on Chelsea Trending? That's nothing too serious, thankfully.

"Aidan, we're ready for you." A technician peaks her head around the door. "We're going live soon."

"Thank you." I nod, walking into the room and taking a look around. "Oh- what- what the hell are you doing here?"

One word to describe the interview room: Blue. Everything is blue, as per usual. There's blue bean bags, the back drop is black and blue and even the staff are wearing blue uniform. I'm surprised the lights aren't blue, but that would ruin the quality of the shoot. Oh, don't ask where I got that from, Cassie's been telling me all about photography and media every day since getting her job! On one of the bean bags sits Mason, still wearing his training gear. The room erupted into laughter at my comment when I saw him; I really wasn't expecting to see him, if it's not obvious!

"Nice to see you too mate." He grins as I sit down, giving me a brotherly handshake.

"Alright, we'll tell you when the cameras are rolling." The lady tells us, reading briefly from a clipboard. "I'll count you in, then you guys will open with something like 'Hi I'm Aidan, I'm Mason and this is Chelsea Trending'."

"Do we both say it?" I ask, shuffling around on my bean bag.

"Just you, you're closest to the opening camera." The lady tells me, pointing to the shadows.

As I look behind her, the only part of the hidden camera I can see is a intermittent, flashing, fluorescent red light. There's more cameras around here than I thought! As I glance around, there's a camera directly to my side, and there's another one positioned in the same way next to Mason. Then, there's another camera attached above us to the ceiling, and there's three in front of us getting every angle possible. How the hell am I going to avoid looking into all of these cameras? Plus, those weird microphone things that they use on TV talk shows are dangling over the cameras and towards us, which is another thing to add to the list of many distractions.

I watch the smartly put-together interviewer stand behind the camera positioned to my right. She holds her hand out to me, putting up three fingers. She slowly counts them down, then jabs a finger in our direction as the cameras all start recording with a collective beeping noise.

"Hey, I'm Aidan Hawke." I start, looking at the camera in front of the interviewer.

"I'm Mason Mount." Mason says, though he's holding back a laugh for some reason.

"This is Chelsea Trending." I smile, looking away from the camera and at the guy next to me. "What are you laughing at?"

"Nothing. Nothing!" Mason shakes his head, sorting out his hair.