24.

After filling out our notice, we left the documents on Bobby's desk and left the room, shutting the door behind us as requested. When we return to the bar, both of our shoulders droop like someone just dropped a weight on them. The reservation for tonight has just arrived with a bang; I forgot that we had a huge gathering of 'social media influencers' booked tonight! They're all around mine and Aidan's age, young and wearing the most expensive, branded, unique piece of clothing they could find, and everywhere you look there's photos or videos being taken. Louisa looks down at a huge list of endless cocktails that need to be made, which could take us up to an hour to complete depending on which drink has been ordered. Everyone here thrives to be seen, whether that's by screeching as loud as possible, walking around to see everyone or taking photos in the most obnoxious place possible, everyone craves attention from each other.

"Cassie, Aidan, help please!" Louisa calls us as soon as we're in her sight. "I need a cocktail tree of pornstar martinis and another cocktail tree of espresso martinis! I don't care who makes them, just do it quick!"

"I'm on pornstar martinis, you do the espressos." Aidan says, slapping a hand on my shoulder. "Can't make espresso martinis for my life!"

Espresso martinis are fairly easy to make, it's the presentation that's a right buggar. All you have to do to make them is shake vodka, coffee liqueur and coffee together with ice, and maybe add a pump of some kind of syrup to make the taste better. I toss all the ingredients into the silver shakers, making sure to double up on the amounts so I can make two at once. I whack the top of the cocktail shaker on as hard as I can, praying that it doesn't pop open over my head whilst I'm shaking it. Shaking a cocktail like a normal person would shake a carton of something is so much easier than shaking it over the shoulder, but we've got to look professional when working here. Plus, we have to pour cocktails on the front of the bar so people can record it if they wish, which always makes me paranoid about what faces I'm pulling when I'm focussed. Also, you have to shake 'quickly and efficiently' to get all the of the ice crushed, which means even more effort!

"Is there a strainer and sieve around?" I ask, looking around the bar. "I need one of the weaker strainers."

Louisa reaches to her side, then holds one of our older sets towards me over her head. I take it from her, then tuck it between my side and the strings of my apron to keep hold of it. I put two coupe glasses on the front, then make my way over to the list of cocktails so I can call over the customer. I sigh, scanning down the list of drinks to find the name of whichever insane person ordered this many espresso martinis. Finally, I find the name, then grab a pen and put 'CP' next to it to show that I've made the order.

"Sydney Jones!" I aimlessly shout out to the bar, looking around in hope someone will make eye contact with me.

A girl wearing a cow print mini dress with matching thigh high boots tiptoes her way over, wobbling on her heels. She has dramatic make up on, and her jet black hair is curled right down to her waist. She's also got new cow-print acrylics on, and I could smell her perfume from a mile away. Basically, her entire outfit is cow print! She cooes as she stands in front of me, watching as I crack open the cocktail shakers and start to pour her drink through the strainer and sieve. As Sydney starts recording with her bright flash on, I give the camera a little smile before focusing on the drink.

"Wow!" She gasps in a super long tone, dragging the word out for her followers to hear. "Amazing! Beautiful!"

Then, as soon as the recording stops, her whole demeanour changes! Her smile slowly fades from her face as she puts her phone back in her bag, then takes a deep sigh as she watches me pour the other drink. She taps her nails on the side, which I can't hear over the background music that's suddenly been turned up. As I'm pouring, I can see her staring at me out the corner of my eye. She narrows her hazel eyes at me, pursing her lips in thought. I finish pouring the cocktails, then go to grab the coffee beans that we use for garnish on the top.