39.

"I am... so tired." I grunt as me and Kai get to my flat after spending hours at the stadium with friends and family. "My jaw hurts so bad."

"It was nice meeting your family and friends." Kai states, replacing my negative with a positive. "Maybe you should come to Germany and meet my family next time?"

"Doesn't that suggest something?" I wonder, taking my graduation cloak and hat off and draping it over one of the dining chairs.

Kai gives me a small grin and shrugs his shoulders as he takes his shoes off at my front door. I thought I'd be all over him when he got back, but it just feels like we've never been apart? I have been pretty preoccupied since he's been gone, maybe that's why? Oh! Wait, now what am I going to do now that I've finished my course? I don't have work to go to? I have nothing to do? They haven't technically hired me yet, or updated my contract, so am I loose for the time being?

"I'm just going to get changed, make yourself comfortable." I suggest to him as I disappear into my room.

I have been comfy in my outfit all day, but it's still an outfit that's meant to be tight to your body in some way. Any clothes that stick to every small curve or dip of my body makes me feel itchy, so taking off my dress and tights felt like instant relief! Ditching my clothes in the corner of my room, I grab a teal-coloured sweater and joggers set from my wardrobe, then pull on a pair of white fluffy socks to get comfier. I brushed my hair out and put it into a messy bun, and wiped off my make up as quickly as I could. The best part of a night out is definitely the dress-down, it's like a slow process of winding down and pre-paring for the next day.

"I wasn't joking about Germany." Kai reminds me as I return to the living area. "It would be nice to show you around."

"What about social media?" I ask, walking over to the kitchen and sitting on the sparkly clean countertops as he makes us a drink each. "They'd think that we're together."

"Is that a bad thing?" Kai frowns, looking up from the two mugs.

"No! No, it's not!" I quickly blabber out, hardly giving myself a break in between each word. "I just didn't know if you were ok with that?"

"Thought you said we were giving it a go?" Kai smirks, handing me a cup of tea. "I'm happy with it if you are."

I take my drink from him, making sure it isn't burning my hands before fully taking it from him. I hold back a smile as I look up at him, that tingy feeling reviving in the bottomless pit of my stomach. I'm so glad he could make it back today, he's made our graduation so much better! Seeing my family did too, of course, but it's a different kind of love, isn't it? You can't compare the two, and most people need both to have a 'fulfilled' life, right?

"More than happy." I reply, taking a sip from my drink. "Do you want to watch something on TV?"

"Thought you were tired?" Kai asks with a chuckle, going to get himself comfy on the sofa like it's a natural instinct.

"We'll find out if I fall asleep or not." I shrug, getting cozy up next to him and grabbing the remote. "You can choose."

"I want to see yours and Aidan's Chelsea interview." Kai smirks, pressing some buttons whilst aiming the remote at the TV. "Apparently you were talking about me?"

I purse my lips together and look away from him, giggling as I shamefully look down at my lap. I haven't yet watched my own interview, so it'll be the first time I've seen the footage. I've seen a few little clips on social media, like Instagram and Twitter, but apart from that I've seen next to nothing. I don't remember what I said, it happened so hurriedly yet so naturally that I don't think me or Aidan were actively thinking about what we were going to say for each question!