28.

The final five minutes, and the score is 2-1 to Chelsea. No one has given up, including the fans sitting in the swamped stands behind me. Everyone in the stadium is putting their heart into what they're doing, whether they're playing on the pitch, supporting in the stands or working along the side line. Though it feels clear that Chelsea have this in the bag, there's still a sense of 'what if?'. Do you get what I mean? I can't help but feel like something could still slip up, and a chance might get past our defence.

I've taken an endless amount of pictures to the point where the noise of the camera snapping away has etched its self into my brain. I'll be sat away from my camera, peacefully watching the game as there's nothing going on near me to take a photo of, and suddenly I'll think that I've heard it take a photo! Over the sound of the crowd as well? I must be going insane!

I didn't prepare myself for the match today, so right now I am starving! I wasn't ready to sit on the side of the pitch and work continuously for this long; I should've finished and left work before this match even started! I could've gone to get food during the half time break, but there's no way I'm risking that! It would've been time to get back to work by the time I actually reached the food stand, let alone found somewhere with a short queue! I was contemplating going into the Chelsea tunnel to take some snacks, as I know they provide food for players to keep them energised, but I know damn well enough to keep out of that place now.

As the ball comes down my end, it briskly rolls out the pitch, and the referee sharply blows the final whistle. On the pitch, Chelsea start celebrating right away, bouncing and dancing around with each other as the celebratory music bellows out the stadium speakers. The crowd behind me is droned out entirely by the music, helping me to focus on taking the final few pictures. The likelihood of all of my photos being used are slim, but they still go towards my final piece of work! I can't help but smile as the boys continue celebrating in satisfaction, congratulating each other on their hard team work that has paid them off well.

From the penalty area, Kai takes a moment to look around the pitch. He's been moved around a lot, and obviously they swapped sides so he's a bit confused to where I am. I don't know why he's trying to find me, his team and his friends are the most important people right now. Did I do something wrong? I stand away from my camera as he starts to run over to me at a quick pace, taking me by surprise completely.

"How have you still- Jesus!" I exclaim, gasping as Kai effortlessly wraps his arms around my legs and hoists me over his shoulder.

"We won the fucking champion's league!" Kai chants, bringing me onto the pitch and jumping up and down in circles whilst I'm still on his shoulder.

"I know! Congratulations!" I chuckle, clinging onto his shirt as we spin around. "You deserve it, now go get your medal!"

The team are already ushering Kai over, as the pop up stage stands empty ready for them. The huge, silver trophy sits in all it's glory in front of the stage, shining in the last of the summer sun. He plops me down on my feet, and I stagger a little as I underestimate the drop back to the ground. Kai embraces me in a quick final hug, then gives a friendly pat on the back before dashing off to the stage.

I watch the team as I make my way back to my camera, preparing to pack it down and take it back to the media centre. I know there's moments where some people look at footballers and think 'oh god they have no personality' or 'oh no they have no life outside of football', but witnessing these moments eye-to-eye rather than filtered through a screen shows their raw emotions. There's no zooming in on the star player, there's no cherry-picking through the crowd to see who's most ecstatic, you get to observe everything. As the boys receive their medals and stand on the stage ready to lift the trophy towards the sky, they all excitedly wiggle about like jelly in their positions and chat amongst each other, like normal people do. They experience emotions just like us; they aren't all like how the media and the grumpy public like to describe them sometimes! Finally, the trophy is given to the players; those who are close enough greedily reach to put their hands on it, whilst the rest around them throw an elated fist into the air. Blue and white fireworks pop out of the arch behind them, spitting little sparkles like confetti into the sky to create an unforgettable scene.