23.

"Oh my God, Aidan Hawke and Cassie Parsons!" Ollie gasps cuttingly as me and Aidan walk through the elevator and into the bar. "Please, sign my forehead!"

His forehead-?

"This is going to be a long shift." Aidan groans loudly, earning a cackle of laughter from Ollie.

I'm already fatigued, and I agree with Aidan. We've both worked a full 8 hours today, and my usual office job turned out to be some kind of fitness day. I had to rush around all of the pitches, then into the training centre to find the teams and the back to the office when I needed to get something for my camera! On top of that, I've been standing up, lying down and crouching to get the best angles I can, so you could say I've had a few yoga sessions! I didn't get a chance to go home and change, so I've come to work wearing the same uniform apart from my Chelsea jacket of course. I redid my make up so only my mascara and eyebrows were left, as the rest started to feel itchy, and my hair has been left in plaits that I did this morning. There was no way I was walking around in a skirt and boots today, even the thought of it makes me feel physically uncomfortable!

"Who's working tonight?" I ask Ollie, trying to find the rota sheet behind the bar. "I thought you were only here for the morning?"

"Louisa's running a bit late, she'll be here in a minute." Ollie says, looking at his phone. "Why, getting rid of me so soon?"

"Yeah, actually, you're taking up space." I scoff teasingly, grabbing my apron and wrapping it around my middle as Ollie laughs again. "Do you know where Bobby is?"

"In his office." Ollie states plainly, pointing behind us as if he's right there. "He's in a good mood today, don't piss him off!"

I exhale deeply out my nose, turning around to give Aidan 'that look'. He was already giving it to me before I had even looked at him; great minds think alike eh? Well, we've got to tell Bobby now anyway, and let's just hope it doesn't put him in a foul mood. I don't know about Aidan, but working two jobs at once is definitely knackering, especially when some days I don't get a chance to have a proper meal besides lunch, which I have to get from the unbelievably amazing canteen. Aidan walks along beside me as he attempts to tie his apron around his waist, struggling with the knot as it's behind his back.

"What do you reckon he's going to say?" Aidan asks, scrunching up his face in aggravation as the thin threads slip from his fingers. "Do you reckon he'll be mad?"

"No, he'll understand." I try to convince both of us. "Summer is ending now, we're actually leaving at a convenient time for him."

"I'll let you do the talking then, if you're so confident!" Aidan remarks, finally getting his bow tied right.

"Wow, how mature and independent you'll look having someone hand in your notice for you!" I tease, knowing it'll get to him instantly.

We reach the daunting office door, which has been locked shut. Inside, you can hear Bobby's triumphant voice as he cheerily talks to someone over the phone. His voice is so loud and clear, you can understand every word he's saying whether you want to or not. I sigh, looking at the door in hope he can just miraculously sense us outside. I don't want to knock! Imagine if I knock once and he doesn't hear me! Or if I went to knock twice and he opened the door as I go to knock! Oh my God, scratch handing in a notice, you'd never see me here again after that! Would he find it annoying if I just scribbled my notice down on a piece of paper and posted it under the door? Is that professional?

"You knock." I tell Aidan, childishly pushing him towards the door.

"What-!" He exclaims, promptly taking a step back to his position next to me.

"I'm not doing both!" I argue, keeping my voice down as Bobby stops talking. "You knock, I'll speak!"

"No! You knock!" Aidan hisses, gesturing towards the door by nodding his head towards it. "I've never knocked on his door!"

"You've knocked on a door before, this door isn't anything special!" I spit, jabbing a finger towards the door. "If I knock then you have to talk, that's the rules!"

Aidan looks to the door, then glances back at me, then does a double take back to the door. With a final irked scowl at me, followed by a courteous middle finger, Aidan taps his knuckles against the door. He leaps away like he's just set off a bomb, standing right by my side so Bobby can't tell who knocked. The door opens swiftly, and Bobby gives us both an elated smile that Ollie told us about. Shit, we're about to ruin his night! Let's add 'employ two new bartenders' to his never ending list of stuff he has to do! Not just one, but two new members of staff!

"Long time no see!" Bobby beams at us, leaning on the door frame. "What do you need?"

"Uhhh..." I trail off, starting to giggle a little as my nerves creep up on me. "Can I hand in my notice, please?"

"Oh, right, ok." Bobby states, looking back into his office. "I'll get you the paperwork now, what about you Aidan?"

"Uhhh, same thing." Aidan admits with a sheepish look on his face.

God, I think I just witnessed someone steal Bobby's happiness and viciously trample it right in front of him. I'm so sorry! But we have to! There's no way I can carry on working two jobs! I'll definitely come back to work the odd shift if they need me too! But if this is too much to handle whilst I'm training at Cobham then imagine what it'll be like once I get the proper placement! Me and Aidan follow Bobby into his open-plan, luxurious, tidy office, sitting down on the two chairs in front of his orderly-kept desk. We stay still in total silence, listening to cabinets and drawers opening behind us. With a sigh, Bobby puts two pieces of paper in front of us, followed by two biros.

"I'm guessing this is because of your new jobs?" He asks, grabbing his phone from his desk.

"Yeah, I love it here and all, but it's too much to handle." I answer his question whilst staring at the empty document. "I can still cover a shift if needs be though!"

"It's fine, everyone moves on from bar work anyway." Bobby chuckles, dismissing my apology. "I've got to go now, leave those there when you're done and shut my door when you leave."

Bobby shuts the office door behind him, giving me and Aidan the cue to relax. We both sigh emphatically in relief, lethargically sliding down the chairs and getting cozy in the lonely office. That was the most stressful moment in my life, and Aidan hardly uttered a word! All he said was 'same thing', so I basically requested his notice for him!

"Nineteen years of age and you couldn't ask for your own notice!" I state, rolling my eyes at him.

"Twenty years of age and you wouldn't knock on a door!"

Touché.