17.

The game finished 3-0 to Chelsea, and all of the boys had a cracking game. Kai got a well deserved man of the match award with his amazing goal from the beginning, which literally could not be saved because of how quickly it happened. This time we weren't taken down to the changing rooms, probably because of the notorious fiasco that happened at the Carabao cup, but I'm not fussed about it. Instead I went with Aidan to the training centre, as he wanted to show me around his new work place. It was thrilling to say the least, considering he's now a part of the club as well as friends with them. He's sporting the typical Chelsea uniform as well, with his grey zip-up fleece, matching black joggers and then his own brand new, clean, white trainers. I can't imagine it'll be long before he leaves Cosmo's bar; all he has to do is finish training and he'll be here full time working with not only the boys, but the rest of the teams playing for Chelsea!

"Wow, this is fancy." I mutter under my breath, taken away by the high-technology gym that Aidan has brought me to. "You do your training in here?"

"Once I've completed my floor training and safety lessons I will be." Aidan nods, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Oh, I'm still learning about torn muscles and ligaments and stuff, and it's a massive topic."

"You could help Ollie out if you know about stretches, he's always got something wrong with him." I scoff, rolling my eyes.

"I'd think he'd break if I showed him them." Aidan laughs, shaking his head. "They're made to regain flexibility, not crack a joint."

"Ew, don't talk about that." I cringe, holding my knuckles together.

"There's another bit I need to show you." Aidan says, nodding his head for me to follow him. "It won't make you cringe, unfortunately."

"Sod off." I scoff, catching up to walk alongside him.

Unlike in the actual arena, the walk around the training ground isn't as bland. There's breathtakingly-amazing murals printed onto the cream-coloured walls along the corridor of not only the men's team, but also the reserves, women's and children's team. There's also photos of the fans cheering everywhere, and football tops belonging to old players framed on walls. There must be training going on nearby as well, because I can hear shouting and footballs hitting fences in the distance, which is less eerie than when we went around Stamford Bridge; the only noise we could hear then was the stomping footsteps of the angry waiter. Aidan seems to be leading me all around the training ground, giving me a little chance to peak through windows where I could to see what was going on.

Finally, we turned down a corridor that led to an isolated double door. As we're walking down, Aidan looks over his shoulder at me, giving me a smug look that sort of makes me nervous. He's clearly impressed with himself here, and he's never been the kind of person to show something off selfishly. I raise my eyebrows at him as we get to the door, watching as he uses his lanyard to unlock the door.

"Open it." He tells me, nodding to the door.

I nervously smile at him, hesitant to open the door. Finally, I cautiously peak around the corner, and my eyes are met with somewhere I wanted to call my future. As I trail further into the room, I realise that this is the club's media centre, where all of their social media and content is controlled, edited and produced. There's dual screens with planned posters and events on, cameras are up everywhere, there's even a section for music? I thought the only music they used were those songs that get played when someone gets a goal? Although everyone is hard at work, there's a sense of socialising as well. There's group work, people are talking to each other and having fun, everyone looks like they're passionate about their job here!

"Welcome to the media centre!" Aidan cheers next to me, gesturing to the vast, busy room. "What do you think?"

"What do you think I think?" I exasperate, feeling completely speechless. "It's incredible, I'm so glad you get to work here."

"Oh, would you stop making this about me?" Aidan chuckles, elbowing my side. "I said what do you think?"

"Oh, I love it, it looks incredible!" I gasp, pointing over to the cameras. "Look at them! They must be expensive?"

"Glad you like it."

I spin around at Kai's voice behind me. He's back in his training kit after the game, and his hair still looks messy from running around. Behind him is one of his closest friends, Timo Werner, and the club's owner Abramovich. It feels like my excitement has just been completely frozen; I'm not meant to be here, am I? Ah shit...

"Yeah..." I say quietly, looking between the three of them in confusion. "Sorry, do you want me to leave?"

"No, actually." Abramovich states with quite a serious tone. "I want to give you this."

The club owner looks me dead in the eye, as we are both pretty much the exact same height. In his hand is a white envelope with my name written on it with squiggly hand writing. There's no address or other information on it, it's just my name written extremely small in the middle. The boys all look at me with anticipation, and Aidan next to me looks like he's struggling to contain himself. I take the envelope with a twitching hand, then flip it over and untuck the little triangular bit that normally gets stuck down. Inside is a folded piece of A4 paper that has writing on the other side; shit, this is important, why has it been given to me? Aidan steps closer to me and watches over my shoulder, holding his breath as I unfold it.

"No offence, but hurry the fuck up!" Aidan whispers, restlessly hopping from foot to foot. "The suspense is killing me!"

"Don't put pressure on me!" I mumble in a shaky tone, although I've still got a small smile on my face.

I quickly skim and scan the letter, briefly taking in what it said, then slowing down as I get to a more serious, shorter paragraph towards the end. At first, I read over it in my head, then it completely dawns on me what this letter means. I reread the message again and again, convinced that my eyes have gone funny and I'm making this up.

"Congratulations, you have been offered a Media Apprenticeship with Chelsea FC at Cobham Training Centre." I read out loud, covering my mouth with my hand afterwards. "Are you for real?"

"The boys haven't stopped going on about it for the last week." Abramovich says, looking back to his two players, who give him a grin back. "Would you like a placement here?"

Is that even a damn question-

"Oh my God, of course!" I gasp, and Aidan wraps his arms around my shoulders as soon as I agree. "Thank you so much!"

As Aidan gives me a bear hug whilst bouncing around, I didn't realise that the media team behind us were all in on it. Mini confetti cannons have been popped in our direction, and cameras are snapping our moments of joy. the club owner takes a step back as Timo and Kai join Aidan in giving me a hug, which soon turns into me being hoisted above their head like I'm some kind of trophy. I want to cry! Happy tears, obviously! I've got a new job! I'm not going to be stuck behind a bar for the rest of my life! Not only that, but it's a job that I could've only dreamt of having before all of this! I took a huge gamble and left my future in the hands of a club that thrives off of passion, pride and determination, and they've proved that they are exactly all three of those words!