42.

The final whistle blows, finishing a well put-up fight from both sides, and confirming the final result as 2-0 to Chelsea. My fingers feel so numb that I think they might turn into ice cubes and plop off; I'm so glad Kai gave me his beanie to keep warm. The Chelsea squad start to make their way over to the away stands, clapping to the rest of the crowd to show them true sportsmanship. As they get closer, I remember the girl who was sat behind me, and how badly she wanted to meet Kai. As me and Aidan go to get up, I spot her and her Dad about to make their way up the stairs and out of the stadium.

"Wait, Hannah and Hannah's Dad!" I call, feeling guilty that I don't actually know her Dad's name. "Do you want to come and meet the team?"

The girl gasps in shock, then snaps her head around to look at her Dad for approval. The Dad looks up at the queues that are already growing at the exits, then shrugs and gives her a nod. He hoists Hannah into the air, then hands her to me with full trust. I didn't expect to actually be carrying Hannah, but I comfortably prop her on my hip and carefully make my way down the concrete stairs and to the front of the stands.

"Hold on tight for a second!" I tell Hannah, lifting my leg over the guards that split the pitch from the fans, getting a stern glare from the security watching us. "Can you see him?"

"Yes! Yes! That way!" She gasps enthusiastically, squealing and shrieking in excitement as he catches us.

I chuckle as I meet Kai half way, who gives us a knackered smile. He spots Hannah on my lap, and his face instantly lights up for his biggest fan. He holds a palm out to her, and she gives him the most powerful high five she could muster up.

"Ouch!" Kai gasps playfully, retracting his hand and rubbing it. "You're strong, who are you?"

"I'm Hannah!" She smiles, putting a hand out to him for another high five, which this time Kai gives to her rather than vice versa. "You're really cool!"

"Not as cool as you though." Kai returns the compliment with a friendly wink, giving her Dad a brief nod in the stands not so far away from us.

"You're really good at football!" Hannah continues to shower him with positivity. "One day, I want to be just like you!"

I can't help but smile at Hannah on my hip, my heart literally pounding out my chest at her cuteness. I've never ever wanted a child so much in my life until meeting this young girl, and now I'm never going to see her again! Ugh!

"You'll be the best player on the pitch!" Kai smiles, stepping back to take off his away shirt, leaving him only in his yellow thermals. "Do you want a present?"

Hannah gasps again, her hands reaching out for Kai's top. We both put her down on the pitch, which she cooes at and starts jumping on the spot like it's a trampoline. After a little bit of messing around, me and Kai get the top on, and it covers her entire body with the bottom hemline of the shirt dragging along the floor. I tie the shirt in a knot just at her middle, and roll the sleeves up as they nearly cover her entire arms, then pick her back up again.

"I'm going to take you back to your Dad now, tell him to come to our next game!" I tell Hannah, waving to Kai with her as she walks away. "Show Daddy what Kai gave you!"

Hannah instantly starts blabbering away her story as I pass her over the guard and to her Dad, who gives me the most warm hearted smile I've ever seen. I chuckle as I try waving them both off, but Hannah is too busy telling her story to even realise that her Dad is leaving us! That's so cute, she's definitely being brought up by an amazing father! She was so polite as well!

"Making friends with the fans?" Kai asks, putting an arm around my shoulders. "You might have to find her a fake ID if she wants to come out."

"Oh, stop it, I was only being nice." I smile, adjusting his beanie on my head. "One day you'll be taking your kids to football matches, imagine if that happened to your daughter!"

"What are you implying?" Kai asks, the corner of his mouth curving into a smug smirk.

Whoops! I didn't mean that whatsoever! I bit the corner of my bottom lip and looked away from Kai to try and save the embarrassment, observing the fans in the stadiums slowly hiding away inside. Kai laughs at my attitude, shaking my shoulders lightly with the arm around me. I can't help but smile as well, leaning into him as I do so.

"But seriously, you weirdly looked pretty holding a child." Kai whispers to me as the team start to walk off towards the tunnel.

"What do you mean 'weirdly looked pretty'?" I scoff, pushing him away and causing him to laugh at me. "Piss off and go get changed, I'll meet you at the car!"

Kai gave me a little wave as he jogged off, catching up with the team as the cameras continue to follow them around. I vault over the guards, where Aidan waits for me with his eyebrows raised. I can imagine his chat with the team was more brief and focussed than mine and Kai's; they probably gossiped about bad tackles and how they could've had many more opportunities. I don't actually play football, so I couldn't tell you how you can know when one of the boys have had a bad game! Honestly, get Aidan onto a talk show on football, or just get him into a general conversation about the sport, and he can proper chat for England!

"Where you heading off now?" Aidan asks as we start to leave the stadium.

"Wherever Kai's going, I guess?" I shrug, hearing a loud commotion going on but thinking nothing of it, as we're in a football stadium! "Why, got plans?"

"Nope, I'm going back to play Call of Duty and to eat a load of crap-" Aidan pauses on the stairs, clearly hearing what I am too. "What the hell is going on?"

"I was thinking the same thing." I mumble, taking off Kai's beanie and zipping it in my coat pocket, in case it gets snatched by a crazy fan.

We followed the noise echoing around inside the arena. The fans have dispersed quite quickly, leaving the corridors mostly empty apart from a few stragglers. As we get into the main section, mine and Aidan's eyes widen at the most horrific thing I've ever seen. A group of men, I'd say around 10 of them, are all full on fighting each other! The sickening sound of punches blowing against body parts makes me want to heave, and the noises coming from them sound like savage and snarling dogs.

In that moment, it reminds me of how I used to work in Cosmo's, and how we were trained to split up these fights. I take off towards the battle of drunken blokes, and Aidan swiftly follows behind me. I'm not sure what a 19 and 20 year old are supposed to do against a group of fully grown men, but we have to do something before they end up killing one another!

"Hey! Hey!" I shout as loud as I can, putting a hand on two of the mens' shoulders and pulling them as forcefully but as politely as possible.

"Cut it out before we get security!" Aidan warns another pair, diving right into the middle of the fight and pulling out one of the smaller, weaker, targeted men who didn't seem to be winning.

Whilst some of them actually use their logic and step back from the situation, the majority of the group continue to lash out. It felt like we were picking them off one by one, like uncontrollable toddlers in a nursery fighting each other for toys. I noted that there was a mix of Chelsea and West Ham fans in the group, which is probably why there's a fight between them.

"Oi! Stop it!" Aidan warns one of them, using as much strength as possible to pull them away. "Leave it mate, just leave it!"

I try and step in between the two men fighting each other, forgetting the other two who have resorted to verbal abuse instead! Both of these knobheads are double mine and Aidan's size in both ways, no doubt they could finish us within seconds! But, somehow, we had to try and make an impact!

"Enough!" I yell, putting my hands on the loose man's chest as Aidan feebly tries to pull away the other one.

More rambling. More spitting. More swearing! They both throw miscalculated punches at each other, both of them focussing so much on harm and violence that their technique flies out the window. I look over my shoulder to try and search for help, only to catch Aidan's eye giving me the most fed up look.

"Right!" I start again, raising my voice higher and higher. "Either you stop or we-!"

Oh shit.