33.

"Cassie, come on, quick!" Aidan cackles on the other side of the cubicle, tapping rapidly on the door. "Come on come on come on-"

"Aidan I'm peeing!" I wheeze, banging back on the door with my fist. "Just wait!"

"They want us out there before we go!" Aidan exclaims, his words slurring together. "Hurry up!"

The drinks at Gongs have all been exquisite; we cracked into the cocktail and other special drinks on the menu half way through the night. That's probably why we're all a bit tipsy! I also made the mistake of breaking the seal before we started drinking them, so ever since then I've been having toilet breaks every 10 minutes! Thankfully we've come to the end of the night, and I've pushed everything I can out my bladder just so I'm not bursting for a wee in the Range Rovers. The last thing I want is to piss in a brand new car!

"Come on come on!" Aidan gasps, grabbing my hand as soon as I open the cubicle door.

"Oh my God I'm coming!" I laugh, staggering after him as he pulls me away.

You can always trust that me and Aidan will get ourselves into a mess after a night out. Always! We work at Cosmo's for Christ sake, there's rarely a chance for us to stand on the customer side of a bar! When we get back into Gongs bar from the toilet, the boys are all crowding around the infinity pool, lined up along the side and eagerly springing around. The jittery and apprehensive waiters and waitresses stand to the side, trying to get the team's attention but failing miserably. As the staff catch sight of me and Aidan, it's almost like they lose all hope, and they stand back in defeat.

"Aidan wait no-!"

"I got her!" Aidan yells, grabbing my wrist with both hands and preventing me from pulling back. "Kai! Help me!"

From the crowd, Kai weaves his way out with a mischievous smile on his face. He steps down from the poolside, then effortlessly scoops me up in his arms like a baby, carrying me back to the group. We're about to bloody jump in! What about our outfits! What if I need a pee again!

"On three! Someone count!" Mason calls, looking around the group.

"Oh my God let me take my shoes off!" I gasp, getting down from Kai's grasp and kicking my legs to try and flick my heels off.

"1, 2, 3!" Reece shouts over us all.

It felt like time had paused as we all simultaneously leaped in the air; we should've got someone to stand on the other side and take a photo! As we jumped, I got a final view of the tranquil London nightlife. The bridge, the skyscraper buildings, the little lonely boats floating down the Thames. Then, the football team around me, just a bunch of weightless limbs hovering above what would be seen as doom if we were all sober! My hand braces in Kai's as my hair covering my face; this moment is really what defines my life, and what I want it to be like forever!

Then, the plunge. We all sank into the room-temperature pool, our clothes sodden through and ruined. With my eyes shut, the water is just complete darkness, the only noise I can hear is everyone flapping their arms and legs to resurface. I break through the water as well, delicately wiping my eyes with my fingertips to try and minimise smudging my mascara and eyeliner. The room is filled with laughter, cheering and whooping, which the infinity pool seems to reflect and echo around the room. Everyone bobs up and down in the water, laughing to each other, and pointing to the staff all suddenly taking photos of us. Some of the boys start to mess around and fight, and I'm pretty sure I just saw Mason and Timo pick up Aidan and hurl him in the water again!

I squeal as I feel hands seize my waist, and I'm hoisted into the air and span around. I wipe my hair off my face and look down, smiling at Kai. His hair, that was all pristine about five minutes ago, is now drenched, with a few curly strands stuck to his forehead. His eyelashes look longer than I could ever imagine, making his green eyes stand out against his black suit. I put my hands on his shoulders as he brings me back down, then I wrap my arms around his neck as I give him the warmest hug I can in this water that actually feels quite chilly!

"Right, let's go!" Someone shouts, clapping their hands to encourage everyone to get out the pool.

We all nonchalantly clamber out, and Kai helps me by putting his hands back on my waist and hoisting me out. He easily jumps out, despite his suit trying to drag him down. All of the fabric has gone skin tight, and those wearing white shirts may as well go shirtless! I grab my bag, put my shoes back on despite my feet being wet, then follow the team out to the cars. Everyone's outfit is making some kind of noise, whether their shoes are squeaking or their jackets are squelching, none of us are silent we leave a soaked trail behind us. My dress, which was already a tight fit that was snug around my body, now feels like it's trying to press all the air out of my lungs and pinch my skin all over!

"Oh my God get in, it's freezing!" Kai laughs, pulling me into the back seat of the Range Rover, which is heated ready for us.

"Who's idea was that?" I giggle, feeling like the water and then the fresh air from outside has sobered me up a little.

"Guess?" Kai shrugs with a smirk. "Timo and Mason!"

I wriggle my way over the back seats to sit right next to Kai, my legs touching his. We use each other like hot water bottles, wrapping our arms around the other to try and get some sort of warmth. He pulls my legs over his lap, then wraps his arms around me and rests his head against mine. We both shiver slightly, and my teeth chatter as I can't stop smiling.

"I know I say this all the time, but thank you so much for everything you've done for me." I tell Kai, tightening my arms around him in a hug. "You've turned my life around completely!"

"I'm happy I met you too." He states, sighing through his nose. "You make me happy; you make us all happy, and Aidan does."

"You're one of the best people I've ever met, I literally adore you." I chuckle, closing my eyes and relaxing a little. "And I can't wait to, you know, see how things go?"

"I know, I feel the same too." He says. "I'm sorry I've got to leave though."

"It's football, Kai, that's your lifestyle." I reassure him, telling myself to get over something that I need to get used to. "I'll support you through everything, even when you're not playing for my team."

"Thank you, that means a lot." He mumbles, relaxing and resting his body against mine.

I smile like a gleeful cheshire cat as I feel him lovingly press a kiss against my temple; the first form of connection I've ever felt since my ex last left a year ago. Well, my talking stage that I forced myself to get over. The sense of feeling loved and wanted by someone else that isn't a family or friend is completely unmatched. I always tell myself that I don't need a 'lover', yet these little situations prove me wrong every time. I've never managed to find what I wanted in a person until now, and I've found it in a person that I didn't even know until the start of the summer!

All we did was spend nearly every day around each other. None of this was planned, it just felt like we grew attracted to each other as good friends, like mine and Aidan's relationship, and then we became this. This relationship that doesn't have a name, yet feels like the best thing in the world!

"My place?" Kai asks as I start to doze off on his shoulder.

"Mhmm."

"Don't fall asleep on me yet." He chuckles, shifting closer to me, which I didn't realise was possible.

Too late!