11.

As the night went on, everyone on the table and in the bar moved around, and I stuck right to Aidan's side for the entirety of it. For some reason, I couldn't pluck up the courage to start a conversation on my own, so I've stuck to big group conversations where I can stay silent and happily eavesdrop other people's conversations. A lot of the talk was about football and 'lad' subjects as I like to call them, like big games and inside references to other matches or online jokes. Maybe I just haven't had enough to drink? I had my cocktail at the beginning that was originally Kai's before he nicked mine, and I'm pretty sure I've had two gold rum and cokes, but that's it! I'm not completely sober thankfully, but it's just enough to take the chip off my shoulder if that makes sense?

"How long have you two been working at that bar then?" Bettinelli asks us, grabbing his drink and bringing it to his lips.

"Jesus, how long has it been now?" Aidan asks, looking to me with a frown. "You've been there longer than I have?"

"I started April 14th 2019, so just over 3 years now." I nod, getting an impressed nod and a few mumbles from the players. "I don't know about you though."

"I started when I was 17, so I think maybe August-September time 2020?" Aidan shrugs, looking back to the players. "It was meant to be short-term, but it hasn't really worked out that way."

Yeah, believe it or not, hospitality isn't exactly on mine nor Aidan's agenda for the rest of our lives! My plan for the future was either to become a chef or become a photographer; two very different career paths, but they both interested me! Aidan's plan was to work somewhere in the sporting sector, whether that's to become a coach or not I couldn't tell you. We just haven't been able to get away from the bar yet; bartender experience is extremely different to what me and Aidan want to do apparently? I'm pretty sure bartending and cooking have some sort of relevance? God, I don't know, finding a job for people our age recently has been a night mare. Nothing appeals to us anymore?

"What would you want to do then?" Mason asks, leaning forward on the high table. "We can help you out."

"I'm not sure you can, but thanks for the offer." I chuckle, sipping my drink from the straw.

"Not with that attitude we can't." Mendy states quite firmly, causing me to feel a little bit scared. "Come on, just tell us."

"I'll take the chance if she won't." Aidan smirks, elbowing my side to drop a hint. "I'm looking into physiotherapy, she's looking into either cooking or photography."

"I'm swaying more towards photography at the moment." I add onto his sentence, considering he's dragging me into his plan.

"We'll ask the club." Mason gives us a little smile.

Why are they doing this! I specifically said to Aidan last night that I don't want to get my hopes up! They were already going up anyway, and I was desperately trying to keep them down to avoid complications, but now they're practically uncontrollable! My whole life and future career could now be in the hands of Chelsea FC! That's such a stupid thing to hope for. Chelsea are looking for properly trained professionals, not some amateurs who work in a bar in London! Why would they take us on?

"We haven't got much training though." I mumble, feeling slightly overwhelmed by everything going on.

"You're determined though, you can see it." Kepa states, nodding to us both. "Plus we all like you guys, I'm sure the team will listen to it's players."

"What's with all the questions?" Kai asks with a smirk, raising an eyebrow. "Don't trust us?"

"Oh, no, considering you took me from Cosmo's to my home without mugging me, I don't really have a reason not to trust you." I state quite bluntly, forgetting to actually process what I'm about to say before saying it.

"Then let us help." Kai shrugs as the table giggles like children again.

I bite back a smile, putting my head in my hand before shaking my head. I take the straw out my glass and down the rest of the drink, then silently get up to go get myself another. The nervous and adrenaline-fuelled feeling in my stomach won't leave me alone if I stay here, I just need to walk away and distract myself for a moment. I don't doubt that the boys could nab me and Aidan a job somewhere, they probably have loads of connections with a variety of places, I'm just trying to figure out why they're all doing this?

"Can I get you a drink?" The bartender asks politely, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Just a spiced gold rum and coke please." I request, perching on one of the bar stools which appears to be wobbly.

"Single shot or double shot?" He asks, taking the bottle of golden-syrup coloured fluid from the shelf.

"Double, please." Comes a voice over my shoulder, causing me to jump. "And a water, thank you."

I glance over my shoulder, then look up to see Kai standing at the bar with me. God, I came here to get a break but ended up waiting for my drink with Kai! It's stupid for me to think I can escape Chelsea for one night whilst I'm in a room surrounded by them, but surely I can for just a brief moment? Was a moment of normality with the bartender too much to ask for?

"What are you up to?" I ask, turning around on my chair instead of awkwardly craning my neck to look at him.

"Getting a drink?" He shrugs coolly.

"Water?" I ask, giving him a skeptical frown.

"Got to watch my health." He states, taking the glass of water from the side.

"And a few drinks is going to cause you harm?" I tease, taking my drink from the side. "What are you- hey! No-!"

Kai smirks as he bats away my card and pays for my drink; I try to push his hand away and force my card on top the card machine, but his had already authorised his card. I scoff and roll my eyes, shoving my card back in my purse and throwing a mini tantrum. I give a little kick on the floor as I stand up, causing Kai to laugh a little as we slowly start to walk back to the table.

"You should give us a chance, you know." Kai brings up the conversation again. "Aidan's doing it, why aren't you?"

"Because-" I cut myself off with a sigh, debating whether I should tell him the truth or not. "I don't want to get my hopes up for something that's too good to be true."

"What do you mean?" He questions, taking a sip of water.

"This all just seems impossible? A professional football club giving a nobody a chance?" I explain, shrugging my shoulders. "If I got my hopes up for this and there was no outcome at the end then I would regret it for the rest of my life."

"But if you don't take the chance, and Aidan becomes successful, then you'll regret that even more." Kai grins, nodding his head a little. "Stop degrading yourself, you aren't a nobody."

"I'm a bartender in Cosmo's bar." I scoff, shaking my head. "Until I can get a better job, I'm not changing my title."

"You aren't a nobody to Aidan." Kai points out. "Imagine what his life would be like without you."

True. I can't imagine what life would be like without him. I know I argued against Ollie when he said me and Aidan can't go a shift without each other, but in reality we really can't. Physically, we can. We can work without one another, but it isn't the same. It's not as fun, and time doesn't fly by as usual. If Aidan wasn't in my life then I don't know where I'd be; would I still be at Cosmo's? Would I have moved on by now if it wasn't for him?