Chapter 7

Do I have feelings for Matt?

That question had been running on my mind since Christmas. Hailey shouldn't have asked those questions. It has been three days since that conversation and I'm still thinking about it!

I can't have feelings for Matt! He's my best friend and I intend to keep him as my best friend forever.

My phone rang and my heartbeat raced when I saw Matt's name on the caller ID. Gosh! I shouldn't be feeling this way. That is a line I shouldn't cross.

I took a deep breath to calm my heart down before answering the call.

"Cat, nasa bahay mo ka ba?" Matt asked when I answered his call. Why was his voice different? Or does it only sound different to me?

"Uhm....Yeah... Bakit?" Hell! Why am I feeling nervous? And I almost stuttered!

"Parating na kami sa bahay." Happiness was evident on his voice as he was saying that.

I grinned and I tried to sound normal. "May dala kang otap?"

"Oo naman! Kakalimutan ko ba 'yong otap?" He chuckled. "Papasok na kami sa subdivision."

"Okay! I'll ask my driver to drive me to your house!" I said and got up. I should act like I used to act.

"Hindi na, ako na lang pupunta diyan."

I smiled. "Okay! I'll see you."

"See you, Cat."

I hung up and took another breath because my heartbeat was really fast and I had to normalize its pace first.

This should stop because it wouldn't do me anything good. It would just make things difficult for me. Whatever thing that is bothering me shouldn't change how I act in front of Matty.

I changed my clothes because I was still wearing my pajamas and went downstairs. I sat on our couch in our second-floor living room to wait for Matt while I was cursing Hailey inside my head for giving me weird ideas.

My friendship with Matt was peaceful until she asked those questions!

I heard footsteps coming from the stairs. My heartbeat raced again when I saw Matt. He was carrying a huge eco bag that I know contains his pasalubongs.

He was smiling at me and his eyes were sparkling like the fireworks. I shook my head lightly to keep my mind intact. Gosh! This is really bad!

"Okay ka lang?" Matt asked me and caressed my head. "Parang may problema ka."

I wanted to move away because when his hand touched my head, I felt a sting. Is that what they call sparks? OMG! No!