Chapter 46

Mom sighed and massaged her temples as she stared at the papers that were in front of her. We're both staying in the dining area, she's doing all the work as the acting CEO of the Montagne Empire while I was studying for my CivPro quiz. Gosh! The second year is such a pain in the ass!

"Is everything alright?" I asked mom because she's been looking really problematic these past few months but I didn't want to ask her before because I didn't want to think about problems that don't even concern me.

Mom nodded. "Just a few problems with the company but I can handle this. It's just a little difficult now since your grandpa retired."

My brows furrowed and glanced at the papers in front of her. "Do you need help?"

"No," mom said while shaking her head. "Just focus on studying, we need you to finish law school as soon as possible."

"What kind of problems are in the company?" I asked pushing the topic further. It seemed serious if it was a long-term problem.

"Some financial problems." Mom shook her head disappointingly. "Anyway, I heard Hunter's businesses are thriving."

My brow raised. "Really?" I thought he was busy with law school.

Mom nodded while she was arranging the papers. "Maybe you should talk to him. Know about his business strategies."

"I'll see what I can do." I shrugged.

I might need those strategies, too.

The days went by quickly and I wasn't able to visit Hunter because law school kept me busy all the time. I don't even have time to go to the spa!

I pouted and Googled Hunter's name while I was taking a break from studying. I need some information first, like where his company was, before going there.

There were several articles about him on news websites and even gossip websites... There were even photos of him on the beach with his friends.

Gosh! This is disgusting. He looks unprofessional in the photos because he was topless!

I shook my head and exited the gossip sites and opened other sites that were related to business news.

I wrinkled my nose out of annoyance when I saw the title of the article.

'The Young Beast in Business' was the title. I didn't want to read the article but it seemed like the information was complete because they interviewed close people to Hunter.

Hunter didn't want to be interviewed, according to the article, so they interviewed his friends and family instead. I rolled my eyes at that information because he was trying too hard to act mysterious.

After knowing the name of his conglomerate, I Googled the location of its building and it was located at Ortigas, Pasig.