Chapter 25

Matt held my hand and squeezed it as if that gesture would calm me down but it didn't.

"I see." She nodded with a smile still plastered on her face. "You don't have to be mad at me. I'm not a boyfriend stealer."

My eyebrow raised because of what she said.

"Anyway, I just came here to say goodbye to Matt because my brother is already outside." Her gaze went to Matt. "It's nice seeing you again, Matt. Sana ma-contact ko rin si Julian. See you in April for the campaign."

She walked to where tito and tita were and bade them goodbye. Matt's parents seemed to be fond of her. Great! Just great!

Matt wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him. "Galit ka na naman. Selos ka ba?"

I squinted my eyes at him because I was still pissed at that girl. She said she wasn't a boyfriend stealer but some girls would say that and would still steal someone else's boyfriend. "Hell no, I'm not the jealous type and I know that I'm way better than that girl."

"Bakit ka galit?" he asked. "Mainit ulo? Napipikon?"

"She just pisses me off." I would throw my bags first before admitting that I'm jealous.

"Wala naman 'yon, sumabay lang talaga sa amin," Matt explained but I was still mad about it. "Anong gusto mong gawin ko para hindi ka magalit?"

I shook my head because I was just mad and I didn't really know what I wanted him to do. "I hate that girl. I just got over the fact that you often hang out with your friends and it was already fine with me that they're always around."

"Talaga? Okay ka na sa kanila?" he asked me with an amused expression on his face.

I nodded. "I can't do anything about it because you like them. Then, Stella came into the picture and I don't really like her, until now, because she's too close to you and she's one of those people." I sighed. "But since she's a classmate of yours and you still chose me even though she's there, things are easier for me to accept."

"At lagi ko namang sinasabi na ikaw lang, diba?"

"Yeah... but now, there's another new girl that I have to watch out for." I sighed. "I know that I'm way ahead of all of them in terms of a lot of things and I do trust you but I don't trust them."

"Kahit naman wala kang tiwala sa kanila, wala naman silang magagawa. Tsaka ikaw ang pinili ko noon at kahit sino pa ang dumating ikaw pa rin ang pipiliin ko." He smiled and cupped my face. "Stop worrying that someone might steal me away from you because I wouldn't let that happen."

I rolled my eyes and hugged him back. Those girls should really back off.

"Happy New Year, Matty!" I greeted Matt through the phone when I heard the fireworks. "We're going to have a great year, I just know it."