Chapter 41

I pulled him closer to me. "Okay, but we don't have music."

Matty started singing Line Without a Hook by Ricky Montgomery with his husky voice. His eyes were staring into mine as they reflect the lights around us.

The cold breeze touched my skin so I pulled him a little closer to feel his body heat and started moving to the rhythm of what he was singing. I wrinkled my nose and laughed when he wasn't able to keep up with the steps. "This is a simple waltz, Matty."

He chuckled and shook his head. "You know I don't really dance well. Ang tagal nga natin nag-practice para sa debut mo."

"But you still dance," I said as I swayed my hips and he followed my every move.

"Yeah... Because you love dancing." He leaned closer and his lips touched my forehead. "And I want to give you everything that you want."

I rested my forehead on his chest and smiled inwardly as my heart melted. "Go, now, Matty. I don't know if I can let you go if you stay for another second."

He chuckled and hugged me tighter before letting me go. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I shook my head immediately. "No, I'll see you later after your ball."

"Okay..." He smiled and kissed my forehead again before bidding goodbye and walking away.

I walked back to my room and busied myself with my academic requirements so I wouldn't overthink Matty hanging out with other girls.

Well, Daphne and Blair are already taken so they're not one of the suspicious girls around Matty. Crystal has been taken since they were in 8th grade or 9th grade, I'm not really sure so she's not suspicious at all.

Ella is the only one that I'm worried about... She's too close to Matty and I don't know what they do when they're in school.

I heard a soft knock on my door before it opened and mom walked into my room with a smile on her face. "Are you busy?"

I glanced at my table and shrugged. "A little but I have time."

"Madam Cantabria invited us to have dinner with their whole family next Sunday." Mom grinned. "The NYU results are also out by then."

I just smiled because I didn't want to upset her. "Yeah... I hope I pass the other schools because it would look bad on my personal record if I only passed in the schools here in the Philippines."

"But you're still leaning on DLSU even if you pass?"

I nodded and looked away. I continued doing the things that I was doing earlier because I didn't have the energy to argue about this again.

"Okay then," mom said.

I turned to her with my brows knotted. What changed? I thought she wanted me to study in the United States. "You're okay with it now?"