Chapter 31

I looked outside the window of grandpa's office where there was an overlooking view of the buildings around us.

The Montagne Group of Companies owned the tallest building in the area so staying on the topmost floor of the building gives a generous and beautiful view of the city.

If only I could stay here every day and just admire the place, I was just lucky today because grandpa liked my idea of having a more modernized marketing strategy.

We are already at the top but we still lack those TV commercials and social media ads... If ever we add those, the Fiorentino Construction materials will remain second to us regardless of their intensive ads and marketing strategies.

We also own the shipping line so it wouldn't be difficult for us if the demands rise.

"We could also try to beat them by making a paint that is better than theirs," I suggested to grandpa. "They're popular because they claim that their paint is world-class and can also survive the changing climates in the Philippines."

Grandpa frowned as he looked at me. "That's what Hailey suggested before. Any new ideas? Anything that can raise the sales without us spending more on raw materials?"

"Give a lower quality for a lower price..." I said but I still wasn't sure about that. I remembered how our company's aim was to provide high-quality materials because we are a high-quality company. "Like a substandard material."

Grandpa leaned on his office chair as he looked at me like he was waiting for what I will say next.

"People nowadays are leaning on more affordable things. This is the reason why they resort to buying fake luxury things." I cleared my throat because he was looking at me as if he was already judging my suggestion. "If we sell cheaper products, people will buy from us more."

Grandpa nodded. "What about the quality?"

"I don't know..." I trailed because I know that my suggestion would create products that are really substandard, they wouldn't last long.

The materials wouldn't last long... That's it!

"People will still buy from us because of our affordability regardless of its quality, if things break or fade, they will just buy from us again. Those things wouldn't matter if we get our profit, right?"

I small smile formed on grandpa's lips. "What about the brand? We always tell people that our products are of quality."

"It's easy to manipulate the media," I whispered because I was hesitant to say that.

"What did you say?"

"I'm not sure if this is applicable to our business but mom always tells me that it is easy to manipulate the media." I hugged myself because I was running out of ideas. "If we manipulate the way the people view our products regardless of the bad reviews, those things can be covered up easily."