Chapter 26

I watched Matt as he posed with his friends while they were all holding their certificates. They all look close like they've been friends for a really long time.

Well, they've been friends for 3 years. Not as long as my friendship with Matt but it still counts, I guess.

"Callie, let's go." Tita grinned at me while she was holding her cellphone. "Mag-picture din kayo ni Matt."

I walked with Matt's whole family toward Matt who was talking to his friends.

"I'll take a picture of you with Matty po," I told tito and tita while I was holding my phone up.

Tita nodded and waved at Matty. "Halika rito, Matt, let's take a picture. Kukuhanan daw tayo ng picture ni Callie."

Matt left his friends and approached us. He stood beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Kailangan po ba rito? Ang hirap po makisingit sa may stage."

"Come on, I'll take a picture of you," I said and pointed at Julian. "Look, oh, Julian is also taking pictures with his parents."

"Sige na nga," Matt said and they walked towards the stage where a huge tarpaulin was displayed.

I took a photo of them using my phone, I'll just send it to Matt via email later. I noticed that some of Matt's batchmates and even their parents were looking at me.

It made me uncomfortable but I forced a smile, mom told me that I have to win the public over because it will affect how dad's campaign will go. They may have seen me on TV or on social media because of the campaign.

"Cat," Matt called me so I looked at him. He looked worried but I just smiled at him.

I took several pictures of them and gave Matt my phone so they could take a look at them. Matt stood beside me and he motioned his arm like he wanted me to hold on to him so I did.

"Mom, kami rin ni Cat kuhanan mo ng picture," Matt said and gave tita his phone.

I stood beside Matt and luckily, I was wearing wedge boots so he didn't look too tall for me. His Moving Up Ceremony was already done so I guess it's time for Matt and me to have what we really want.

Tita was counting before taking every shot so an idea popped into my mind. I just hope that it will get a great picture.

"1..."

"Hey, Matt," I called him so he looked at me. Gosh! I can finally say it!

"2..."

"Let's officially be together starting right now."

Matt's eyes widened as tita counted to three and took the picture.