Chapter 33

"You can do this, Cat," Matty said while he was holding my hand.

I pouted as I looked at him. My heart was racing and my hands were shaking. I've done this a lot since I learned how to play the piano but I still get nervous every time.

"Miss Callie, punta na po kayo sa harap."

I took a deep breath and plastered a smile on my face. Matt squeezed my hand before he let me go.

"Galingan mo, Cat," Matty said before I left backstage.

As I walked in front of all the people my eyes wandered around trying to look for Matty and I noticed him running to his seat. He smiled at me and nodded.

I took another deep breath and bowed to the audience before walking to the piano. I sat on the seat in front of the piano and straightened my dress before I started my first song.

Most of the songs that I played are the songs that I usually play inside my room when it's raining.

After my performance, I went straight to my parents and hugged them. "Thank you," I said because they're the ones who went all out and used a lot of money for this recital to happen.

"Anything for you, Catria," dad said and he patted my back.

"By the way, the Cantabrias are here," mom said and grinned as she motioned her hand to the Cantabrias who were sitting behind them all this time and I didn't even notice. "We actually thought they wouldn't make it because Senator Cantabria just became the senate president so he had a lot on his plate."

Madam Cantabria waved her hand dismissively as she smiled at us. "I heard from my son that Callie plays great so I wanted to hear for myself."

Andres handed me a bouquet of red roses. "Congratulations."

I forced a smile and thanked him. I wanted to excuse myself so I can get to Matt but mom held my arm as she conversed with Madam Cantabria about my achievements.

I waved at Matt and gestured for him to wait for me before I looked at mom. "I have to greet some people. If you would excuse me."

"Oh, sure, go ahead," mom said and let me go.

I walked toward Matt and hugged him immediately. "That was a draining encounter."

He chuckled and hugged me back before giving me a bouquet of pink roses. "Nabigyan na kasi kita ng red roses dati kaya pink naman ngayon para maiba naman."

"They're pretty," I said as I stared at the bouquet because the pink roses were at the center while there are other small white flowers that were mixed with the roses.

He sighed in relief. "Buti nagustuhan mo, hindi kasi ako sigurado sa pink."