Chapter 34

My eyes widened when I realized what I just said. I wasn't supposed to say that out loud! Oh my gosh!

I looked at Matt and he was frozen in place while he was staring at me with wide eyes. His face and his ears were red.

I took a deep breath as I stared at him while I calmed my fast-beating heart. I already said what I said and I couldn't really take that back.

"Matty," I called him calmly because it seemed like he just stopped functioning.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath before looking at me again. "Cat, you are already breathtaking to look at, you don't have to shock me all the time."

I frowned at him to hide the embarrassment that I was feeling. I stood up so my face could be closer to his. I wonder what will happen if I do more? I already said that I wanted a different kiss, I should just go with it. I tiptoed and leaned closer to him, I can already feel his breath fanning my face, it smelled minty like he just had gum or maybe he brushed his teeth before coming here.

"Cat," he called me again with a warning tone.

"What?" I asked him with wide eyes like I was warning him as well. "You're not doing anything so I'll just do it."

"I don't know how that works..." he trailed while looking right at me.

"I'd be more surprised if you do." I chuckled and shrugged. "I mean, if you do, who are you kissing to know about that, right?"

He shook his head in disbelief as he distanced his face away from mine. "Hindi ko talaga alam kung anong gagawin ko sa'yo, Cat."

I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Simple, kiss me."

He covered my face with his hand while he was laughing. "Ang kulit mo."

"You are stalling. Ayaw mo ba?" I said sadly.

He sighed and removed his hand from my face. He leaned closer to me. "Don't expect too much."

I laughed and shook my head before I tiptoed. My lips met his soft lips, it felt like my whole body came alive as if I was recharged and I didn't know that my heart could beat faster than earlier but it did.

When our lips parted, I looked into his eyes and smiled. "It wasn't that bad. You are too nervous."

"You have expectations, Cat." He sighed.

"It wasn't that high and it wasn't like you cannot meet my expectation when my expectation was to have a kiss from you." I chuckled. "And I was just really curious but you won't even make the first move."

"Ang kulit mo talaga, Cat." He shook his head and pinched my nose. "Anyway, okay na? Satisfied na 'yong curiosity mo?"