Chapter 47

I clenched my fist as I watched Hunter sign the papers for the Montagne Empire to be transferred to him. Grandpa sold the company to him! A billion-dollar company was sold to Hunter at a low price as if grandpa really wanted him to have the company.

Hunter put the pen down and gave the papers to grandpa's lawyer. He had a straight face but he radiated the aura of authority. It's like looking at a younger version of our grandfather.

"Take care of the Montagne Empire," grandpa said formally as if they weren't related.

"We will start rebranding it." Hunter clasped his hand together. "Any traces of you and your cronies will be removed."

"I worked hard for this company and I only sold it to you because you still have my blood." Grandpa gritted his teeth. "You cannot do that, Hunter."

Hunter shrugged and stood up. "I already did." Hunter glanced at me and nodded before he turned his back on us. He walked out of the conference with Trevor and Oliver following him.

Mom shook her head as she massaged her temples.

I went out of the conference room and ran after Hunter. I just wanted to give him a piece of my mind because if I don't tell him what was on my mind, I will carry that thought in school.

"Hunter!"

Hunter stopped while Trevor and Oliver turned to me. The two walked away as I walked closer to Hunter.

"We'll wait for you in the car, Hunter," Trevor said before he and Oliver left Hunter alone.

Hunter turned to me with a bored expression on his face. "What do you need, Catria?" He's really starting to sound like our grandfather because of his deep and stern tone.

I pursed my lips because I felt that all the words that I was supposed to say were slipping out of my mind. "Why did you do that?"

"They were selling the company," Hunter said and shrugged. "Mr. Henry Montagne was selling it at a low price, what kind of a businessman would I be if I don't grab the opportunity?"

"But you left the family!" I pursed my lips because I snapped even if I wasn't planning to do that. "You left the family and just waited for the company the fall apart!"

Hunter's brows furrowed. "It's not my fault that I'm the only one who can handle the company well."

My lips parted. He did not just say that!

"You can still work at the Montagne Empire if you want to." Hunter took a deep breath and shook his head before turning his back on me. "You're still a Montagne... and Hailey still sees you as family."

Hunter walked away and I was dumbfounded as I watched his retreating back. Did I hear that right?