Chapter 56

Mom stilled and her lips parted. She lowered her hand and cleared her throat. "It was not my fault that you were weak when you were pregnant, Catria."

I wanted to fight back, I wanted to slap her, too, but I couldn't. I was just standing while my hands were shaking. Glaring at her while the desire to fight for my unborn child was igniting inside my heart.

"It wasn't our fault that you chose to be stressed to the point that your child cannot depend on you anymore."

With that, it felt like the world stopped. My heart felt heavy at the thought that my baby wasn't able to hold on to me because I didn't take care of myself and her.

She cannot depend on me, it was my fault that she died.

She stepped closer to me. "Don't blame me for something that you couldn't do as a mother because I am doing the right thing as yours," she said and walked out of their office.

Dad's hand caressed my head. "Callie—"

I pushed dad away and I took all the documents that I needed before I left their office. Dad was calling me but I didn't listen.

I needed to leave... If I didn't, this will be a continuous loop of me being controlled by them. I cannot live with lies anymore. I cannot live like a robot where I follow everything they want.

The lies that they tell me and the lies that I tell the world. The lies that resulted in all these bullshits.

It felt like something was on top of my chest and I tried to breathe in and out but it felt worse. I packed my things inside my suitcase. I sat on the floor and stared at my room.

I didn't want to leave this behind because this is where Matt and I grew. This is where almost all our firsts happened...

But clinging on to the past won't do me any good because it will always haunt me of all the things that I did and all the things that my parents did.

I opened my phone to check on my bank account... I didn't spend much using my allowance from my grandfather and I am earning from my vlog so I can really pay using my own money to buy a condo near my school.

I groaned at the thought that I'll be living alone... I don't even know how to cook or wash my own clothes. Can I even do this? Can I live on my own?

I shook my head and clenched my fists. I needed to do this.

I have to... I have to or I'll be stuck doing my parents' bidding for the rest of my life.

I'll just figure stuff out once I'm out of here. I need a space for myself to think about my problems. I cannot think freely here.

I carried my luggage and bags and went out of my room. I bumped into my mom while I was walking down the stairs. I raised my chin up proudly and didn't pay any attention to her as I continued walking.