Chapter 23

I'm the only one... That sounded nice.

It was nice to know that I'm someone's only one because to my parents, it was me and the people that they work with. To my grandfather, it was just Hunter and Hailey. To the public, it was just Hailey. In ballet, it was the other ballerinas before me.

But to Matt, I was the only one.

"Natahimik ka," Matt said and looked into my eyes.

"Uh... I'm the only one?" I asked and smiled awkwardly. "That's nice to know."

His forehead creased. "Ikaw lang naman talaga. Lagi ko namang sinasabi 'yon sa'yo."

"I know that... It's just... I like hearing it again and again, it always feels new to me." I chuckled. "Maybe because I always have to share everyone important to me, so knowing that I don't have to share you with anyone makes me feel relieved."

He smiled and patted my cheek. "Hindi mo magiging problema 'yon sa akin."

We continued watching the awarding ceremony. It was my first time watching a program like this, it was interesting but the sound system was irritating because there were unnecessary sounds that come out of it while the speaker was talking.

"Ayan na 'yong category niyo, Matt," Jas said and smiled. "Nasaan na si Axel?"

"Kasama ni Axel 'yong mga ibang kasama sa competition," Matt said and shrugged.

"Bakit hindi ka pa pumunta roon? Baka matawag na kayo," Jas said while he had a frown on his face.

"Samahan ko lang 'to si Cat, tatakbuhin ko na lang kung matatawag man kami," Matt said and he chuckled.

"Imposible naman na hindi kayo matatawag! Ang ganda kaya noong project niyo, masyadong ginalingan din kasi ni Axel," Daph butted in.

"Maganda rin 'yong ipinasa noong science high school parehas sa group pati sa individual," Matt said and sighed before he intertwined his pinky with my pinky.

"Maganda nga raw, kinakabahan nga rin si Braden sabi niya sa akin kanina." Daphne gave Jas a teasing smile. "But I trust my babe, he'll win it."

Jas gasped and slapped Daphne's arm. "Malandi ka talaga! Mang-iinggit ka pa!"

"First Place for the Group Robotics Competition, Junior High Category is Faustino Institute of Science and Technology!" the speaker said.

Matt kissed my forehead. "Babalik ako," he said before walking to the stage. I don't get how Matt is able to keep his cool whenever he wins something or whenever he plays football.

Axel followed him while carrying their huge display board that was made up of 2 ½ illustration boards that were taped together.