Chapter 50

He looked away and held onto the child tighter as if I was going to do something to it.

"Matt, tara na, hinahanap na tayo nina Crystal."

My lips parted as I watched Ella walk toward him. Ella took the child from his arms and carried it.

The baby laughed when Ella kissed its cheek which made Ella smile. The baby doesn't even look like them!

I turned around to go in another direction because I didn't want to see more of that shit...

But what the hell? He's married to that? Did he marry that girl? And they have a tan-skinned baby when both of them are light-skinned?

Is he fathering a child that is not his? They've been together since I left so that's their kid unless one of them cheated...

I just shook my head... Why do I even care about that? I shouldn't... His problems aren't my problems anymore.

Ella stole him from me and he chose to be with her when I left the country.

I lost interest in walking around our subdivision so I decided to just get home and prepare myself for the campaign.

I took a deep breath as I sat at the back of the stage waiting for the campaign to start. I just stared at the camera that I was holding.

I recorded the preparation and our staff earlier, I made sure that I look really friendly toward them. The things that the public notices about me are my face looks intimidating and I'm not the warm and friendly type so I have to act so they would see that I just look like a bitch but I'm really humble and down-to-earth in real life.

"Don't record, Callie," Andres said and he kissed my cheek. "The people will be arriving in a few minutes."

My brows furrowed. "Why? Isn't it a good look for us if we show people that they're coming to see us? The other party has been really active in counting their audience and it's not really looking good for us."

"You can record later when the people are already here. Don't record anything while they're arriving." Andres smiled. "We can just post the crowd later."

I just nodded even though I found it weird. I just watched as trucks full of people started arriving. My brows raised as I saw them come down of the trucks, they were all wearing the party list shirt of Senator Cantabria.

The organizers handed them food stubs and they made their way to the middle of the grassy field where the crowd will be standing later.

Why aren't they happy? They should be happy, right? The other party's crowd looks happy why does our crowd look like they don't want to be here?

Andres wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Why? What's the matter?"