7.

Ser Alrik didn't seem to have made fun of me in the morning after all. He stood up in front of me in the evening and looked down at me seriously.
"Don't think I've forgotten you, you dog," his raspy voice thundered and I bit my lips. I really hoped he hadn't meant it.
"Arn and Luthar will be on watch tonight, you already know them. You'll be keeping them company!"
I groaned inwardly in annoyance and bit my tongue to keep from protesting. I had to be smart about it now and obey, otherwise the procedure would probably continue all the way to Harrenhal - and my strength really wasn't up to it.
"Help out now, then you may join them. If I were you, I'd think twice about running away from now on."
It took a lot of effort on my part, but I nodded humbly.
"Yes, ser."
He walked past me and I continued to help with the tents. Arn and Luthar were already grinning at me and I rolled my eyes in annoyance. So that was what I got for trying to get some restful sleep. I had to forgo further sleep in the company of two idiots. Ser Alrik had just moved up a few places on my hate list.
Gendry gave me a pitying look as I fixed a tent wall. I just shrugged my shoulders. Arya came over to us.
"You look even grimmer than usual, Lenn."
"You try being assigned to night watch with two idiots, you'll look the same."
Arya considered for a moment, then growled softly.
"Those two wouldn't survive."
Gendry and I looked at each other for a long moment, then burst out laughing almost in sync. Arya looked back and forth between us, confused.
"What are you laughing at now?"
Gendry was on the ground cringing, I was leaning against the tree and pressing my hand to my stomach.
"This performance! I can't take it anymore, stop it!"
The copper star seemed to fall on Arya, for she widened her large grey eyes.
"You are laughing at me?! Why? I was serious!"
"Oh yes, of course," Gendry laughed, wiping the corner of his eye before raising his hands theatrically, "We're all so scared of you!"
"Gendry, stop it," now came from me before I laughed softly again, "that's not nice!"
Furious, Arya stamped her foot on the floor.
"You're being stupid! Both of you!"
Angrily, she walked away. Gendry calmed down and looked after her.
"He's acting like a girl. Don't you think so, Lenn?"
I too had recovered and looked after Arya. My expression turned serious again. I had given my word.
"Yes, you're right. But I'm sure it's the age."
Gendry considered for a moment.
"I was never like that. Have you?"
"Only once."
Just as the black-haired one was about to ask the next question, I heard Arn shout.
"Now watch, you piss-head!"
He looked to us and I knew he meant me. I sighed softly and looked again at Gendry.
"Good night to you then."
He just nodded, seeming to be searching for appropriate words. I waved it off simply, not giving him a chance to reply, and trudged across the clearing to Arn. Luthar was already crouching over a pile of wood, trying to make a fire. Arn sat down on the small stump of wood, leaving me only the pile of dirt next to it. But that was okay, I'd rather sit in the dirt than with a Lannister.
"You shouldn't start a fire," I advised and Luthar looked at me annoyed.
"Oh and why not, you smart ass?"
"Well, strategically I'm not particularly informed, but when enemies are on the move here, a fire is like a meal ticket for them."
"He's right, you idiot!" hissed Arn, snatching the two timbers from Luthar's hand, "The wolves will tear our asses apart if we don't!"
"Wolves?", I looked at them both in confusion, "There are no wolves here."
"Starks," Arn explained tersely and I understood.
I had heard of House Stark once, fleetingly, at a market. Lady Catelyn, a Tully, had married a Stark and now lived in the north. I knew nothing more, however, for I found no interest in it. I came from a village near Maidenpool and had other concerns than dealing with noble relations.
Arn and Luthar talked incessantly and cracked their bad jokes. I wondered how long I could stand it without going mad. I gave myself a few hours at most, for my nerves were more frayed than usual due to lack of sleep and pain.
"What time was Lord Tywin due to arrive at Harrenhal?"
I brightened and turned my concentration to Luthar.
"About a week after us. We are to have everything ready by then, were Clegane's orders."
"I wonder if old Tywin will shit another good gold for us before then."
I looked at Arn with a look of bewilderment and confusion as the two patted each other on the shoulders and laughed.
"What do you mean?", I asked and Luthar explained.
"The Lannisters are known to be the richest family in all of Westeros. They say Lord Tywin shits gold, that's why they're so rich."
Again the two of them roared, while I made a distraught face. This was really going to be another lovely night. And the worst part was that it had only just begun....