Bad dreams

TW: Domestic abuse

[ Y/n ]

"IT'S NOT THAT FUCKING HARD! LOOK AT ME. FUCKING SAY IT. LOOK- I SAID LOOK AT ME!"

I was slammed against the wall and Rick forced me to look at him.

"I love you, I swear I love you so much." I cried.

"Damn fucking straight you do. Where are the brats?" He threw me on the ground and walked away to get the twins.

I stood up and ran after him, slipping under his arm and blocking their door.

"No- N- They're sleeping. Please leave them-"

He smacked me and shoved me onto the ground again before opening the door.

I could hear Victor crying and got up. "SHUT UP!"

I went to go inside but Rick slammed the door shut, locking me out.

I banged on it as hard as I could, pleading and screaming for him to open the door.

"MOMMY! MOMMY!" Victor screamed from inside the room.

"Mom."

I sat up and panted out a few breaths. Victor stood next to the bed and I grabbed his cheeks. "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, I tried. I tried I swear- I tried so hard I was so scared and I couldn't get the door open I'm so sorry."

Victor hugged me and I sobbed into his shoulder.

"I'm ho- What's wrong?"

Tyler rushed over and put a hand on Victor's head. "She had a nightmare and I was up doing work and I could hear her so I came in and woke her up."

"Thanks bud. Are you tired? Can he go to bed?" He asked me.

I held Victor's cheek and stared at him with tears rolling down my own cheeks. "Yes... Yes, I'm sorry Vic. Thank you."

He smiled and nodded, leaving the room. As soon as the door shut I burst into tears again. Tyler sat next to me and I hugged him.

"I was so scared. I was so scared Tyler. I thought he was going to kill them. I used everything to get the door open and when he finally came out I just- I went in and... And they were beat so bad. And the way Victor screamed I- I wanted to kill Rick. I wanted to kill him with my bare fucking hands."

Tyler kissed my head and rubbed my back.

"I'm sorry, Y/n... That wasn't your fault. You did everything you could. Really. But they're ok now, right? It's been so long... And look how happy they are with you."

He grabbed a photo off my bedside table and handed it to me. It was a photo Tyler had taken. We were all smiling so wide because he had taken us to Disney World.

Which I never thought we'd go to.

I laughed and wiped my tears. "They're so happy." He whispered.

I nodded and looked up at him. "You know you saved us. Really you... You're so much of the reason we're so happy." He smiled softly and kissed my temple.

I'll never forget the first time I saw him.

I felt so insecure.

And I thought I had hidden the bruises so well but he pulled me aside and asked what happened to me. And I just broke down.

Maybe it was because I was drunk or maybe I just knew...

But I told him. I told him everything and he drove me home and we packed up anything we needed and he took us to his apartment.

And he was so sweet and cautious. He gave us so much space. He wouldn't even come within five feet of me for weeks.

"I love you so much." I cried. Tyler nodded and kissed my head. "I love you more. Truly."

Tyler held me so gently. He cares so much about me. And he cares about the twins too.

I held him and sighed.

"I wish you got off work earlier." I sniffled as I wiped my eyes. "This is the perfect time. The twins are asleep so we can have sex."

I laughed and he kissed my neck playfully, pushing me back so I was laying down.

I held his hand and Tyler sat up. "You're ok now." He smiled.

I nodded and squeezed his hand.

"Go change." I pulled my hand away and Tyler kissed my forehead. "Ok." He obliged, walking off to go change. I rolled over and pulled the covers over myself.

How did I get so lucky..?