In the penthouse

Titles are so mf hard

[ Y/n ]

Miles tossed his keys on the counter and put a hand in his curls. "Why are you still awake?" He suddenly spoke up.

We had gotten into a fight earlier.

"When we fight I can't sleep..." I pulled my legs to my chest and Miles sighed. He walked around the couch and stood in front of me.

Miles crouched down and pulled my legs down from in front of me. I stared at him and my lip started to quiver. It was dark in the penthouse. Almost pitch black.

But my eyes had adjusted and here was Miles. The most handsome boy that I have ever known. His wild curls showed me he had been driving recklessly home.

"Don't drive like that anymore Miles... Please."

He caressed my leg and nodded.

"I'm sorry. For annoying you."

He rubbed his face and then put a hand on my thigh. "You... Didn't do anything wrong. You know that amor."

Amor... Miles speaks Spanish fluently. I love when he calls me nicknames like amor. They feel so much... More romantic.

"I saw you on tv. The interview thing." I whispered to lighten the mood.

He laughed and got up to sit next to me. Miles grabbed me and put me in his lap. "God you're just so pretty... I think about you all day." He whispered.

I started undoing his tie and Miles relaxed under me. I get these moments. Of true love. I think I'm getting one now. The way he watches me do these things...

I pulled his tie off and set it next to us on the couch.

"I missed you." I whispered.

Miles pulled me in and connected our lips. I put my hands in his hair and opened my mouth for him. Miles tastes rich.

He tells me I taste like cinnamon. Which would make sense because I eat things with cinnamon daily. I think it's good for you! But really I just enjoy it...

I pulled away and Miles wiped spit off of the side of his mouth. I leaned back in and cupped his cheeks. Miles moved his hands down to my ass and I whined in protest for a second.

This is so embarrassing.

"I like it." Miles whispered.

There's nothing even worth liking about it! It's just my ass! Miles suddenly stood up and I gasped, grabbing him tightly.

"I wasn't going to let you fall babydoll."

I sighed and put my head on his shoulder.

Miles walked into our room and laid me on the bed.

I don't think people understand Miles and I. I'm a really pretty girl but our personalities are so different. That's what gets people.

How could the Miles Fairchild marry someone like me?

He's strict and structured. He's a perfectionist and he knows how to boss people around. He can sweet talk anyone into anything he wants. His social skills are painfully good.

He uses them on me all the time.

I'm not... Bad, you know?

There's just better girls.

Some magazine once said he was dating me only because he knew me for so long rather than love. He wanted a reminder of where he came from...

I'm timid and quiet but very opinionated. I'm not too afraid to argue with people, especially men. Miles gets me in trouble when I do it at his events but I don't care. I'd rather be in the country again. Back in little Bly.

New York City is not little.

People think I'm after his money.

Miles leaves envelopes of thousands on the counter some days for me to go shopping. But when I go out to shop... I always end up going to stores that aren't designer. They have clothes I like more.

And I like to spend it on the homeless people.

I had never seen one before we moved here.

So now I like to buy them food and water and blankets, and give them money.

Miles says that's how I get myself mugged.

So he makes a security guard follow me around.

Miles pulled away from the kiss and just stayed there staring at me. He played with my hair and I sat up a little.

"Miles..."

He leaned in and teased a kiss that I wanted to bad.

"Miles, I-"

He connected our lips and I hugged him closely to me.

What did I even want to say? It was unimportant.

Miles pulled away and unbuttoned his shirt. "We can't tonight." I whispered as I enjoyed the view he was giving. "Why?"

"You have that meeting tomorrow. You need the sleep."

Miles cocked his head to the side and pulled his belt off.

"Alright. Not tonight."

He kissed my forehead and walked into the closet.

I collapsed back into the fluffy duvet and stared at the ceiling. I want him. That bastard is so good at what he does it pisses me off.

Miles exited the closet in his boxers and I averted my eyes.

"It'll go away." Miles teased.

"I didn't know you were hard."

"How could I not be."

I ignored the butterflies he gave me stood up. I went to go to my side of the bed but Miles grabbed my wrist.

He pulled me back to him and leaned in close to my lips.

"Don't ever say you annoy me again. You are my reason for being and I would never think lowly of you so don't think that of yourself. Understood?"

I nodded and he gave a small nod back, lightly kissing my lips after.

He let go and I hurried to get back into bed.

God I am so lucky aren't I?