Chapter 17

"Why are you on a pirate ship?! What's going on around here?!" Johnny asked frantically, having stood up abruptly. "Hey, relax, is everything okay? Where's Yosaku?" Zoro asked calmly, ignoring the damaged railing in front of him. "Well... Uh..." Johnny trailed off, as he just ran off to the side of the boat, thus having Zoro and (Y/n) follow after him in curiosity.

"Huh, a dead guy" (Y/n) commented blandly, while staring down at the smaller boat. "DON'T SAY THAT SO CASUALLY!" Johnny exclaimed in horror, not wanting to believe his friend is dead. She just shrugged at him, while Zoro placed a comforting hand on his bud's shoulder.

After hauling the "dead" guy onto the ship, (Y/n) was fascinated to find that he was, indeed, breathing. But, he looked like he is on the brink of death. "Up until a few days ago, he was healthy and full of life, and now... He keeps fainting! And getting really pale! I have no idea what's causing it!" Johnny said as he let out a few sobs.

"His teeth have been falling out and his old wound opened up, and started bleeding! He just got worse and worse, I didn't know what to do! So I thought, maybe we'd just rest on a little island, but... Then..." Johnny trailed off, struggling to explain the rest of his short sob story.

"A cannonball came flying from this ship!" Johnny sobbed out, thus (Y/n) turned her attention to Usopp and Luffy. Both of them have large open mouths, realizing they were the cause of it all. "It was them" (Y/n) said as she pointed at the two accusingly. This jolted the both of them, letting out a screech at being called out by their own crewmember.

"We're very sorry!!" The two yelled out hastily, having now been put in the spotlight. "Sorry isn't good enough," Johnny said sadly, but overall didn't seem that mad at them. But, the two looked at him in dread, realizing they were now in debt to help him somehow fix his comrade.

"Isn't that right? Partner!!" Johnny yelled out as he sobbed, his face littered with tears and snot. "Big bro, give it to me straight. Is he... Gonna die?" Johnny asked Zoro pleadingly, hoping he'd give him some sliver of hope. "Oh, hey Nami!" (Y/n) said happily while waving at her frantically.

"Would you please quit freaking everyone out? They're all too dumb to understand your terrible humor" Nami said as she walked over to the injured male. "I mean... It was kind of funny" (Y/n) said with a wide smile, giving her a shrug. Nami then grabbed the male's tongue and eyelid, checking both his mouth and eyes.

She then pulled his tongue in and out, like she was messing with his body, which angered Johnny. "Stop it! Whatever you're doing, stop! You're mocking his death! Damnit, you'll--" Johnny was silenced as Nami pushed on his face. "(Y/n), we have some limes in the storage, can you go grab them?" Nami asked politely.

(Y/n) gave her a mock salute as she then marched her way to the storage, going at a decent pace to get them. "Wait, let us come with you!!" Luffy yelled out as he and Usopp ran after her, only to get stuck in the doorway. Sadly, (Y/n) had gotten the limes without their help.

But, she was forced to give the two males the limes, who constantly bombarded her into letting them help somehow. This, led to now, where they squeezed limes over the injured male's face, trying to aim around his mouth. "He's got scurvy" Nami informed, gaining Johnny's attention.

"Scurvy?" Johnny asked in confusion, earning an "mhm" from Nami to confirm he heard her correctly. "If we weren't too late, he'll be just fine in a few days" Nami explained to the male. "Gh- really big sis?! Really?! Thank you, big sis--Gah!" Johnny was then silenced again by Nami's hand.

"Please, don't call me that, it sounds so dumb, besides I'm not a magician, that's (Y/n)'s job. This used to be a hopeless disease that plagued sailors, and we just know how to deal with it now" Nami explained to the male. "So... It's like the flue, but for pirates" (Y/n) summed up.