Chapter 4

"Ow." I groaned as I slowly peeled myself off the ground. I rubbed my head. "What's the big deal you big...." I yelled as I turned around. My eyes widened when they settled upon a familiar handsome man dressed in red. His golden eyes were filled with happiness and worry. His silver hair was cascaded around him. His dog ears flicked in response to noise. "Inuyasha?" I felt tears go down my cheeks. "How are you here?" I hiccuped as I looked at him.

     "I don't know. I was just suddenly swallowed by a bright light and I was here. I picked up your scent along the way so I followed that." Inuyasha shrugged. I smiled as I leapt into his arms and buried my face into his chest. He blushed but held me all the same.

      "Uncle Inuyasha!" Shippo and Rin exclaimed as they ran up to him and hugged him as well.

      "Hey Runts." He smiled as he ruffled their hair.

     "Is this the mate you were talking about?" Eve asked with a smile on her face.

     "Him?" "Her?" Inuyasha and I said at the same time, pointing at each other and then violently shaking our heads. "No!"

      "My brother will have my head if I touched her intimately, mate wise I mean." Inuyasha blushed.

      "It's not uncommon for brothers to share a mate here." Eve tilted her head.

     "We're not in Japan, are we?" Inuyasha looked to me. I shook my head.

     "Nope."

     "Do demons exist here?" Inuyasha asked.

      "Nope." I looked to him. "Only you, Shippo and Sesshomaru."

     "I see." Inuyasha rubbed his chin, then noticed my new markings I got from Harvey and Parker. "What's with the new ink?"

      "There spousal marks you knit wit." I told him. "When we were casted here, I was given a dog form and multiple mates. Your brother knows about this."

     "He's here?" Inuyasha's voice got higher.

     "Nope. We were separated." I told him.

     "I'm so confused." Inuyasha tilted his head.

                              *****

       A week has passed since we were reunited with Inuyasha. My mates were okay with Inuyasha staying with us. I managed to tell him what was going on and what not. Harvey slept at Parker's hut and used his hut for his doctor visits.

      Right now, I was setting out new batch of herbs when Rin and Shippo came running up with something in their arms. Inuyasha looked to them as he watched over me.

     "Momma, momma, look what we found!" They exclaimed as they handed it to me. I gently touched what looked fish scale pattern fabric. It was soft and smooth to the touch. I pulled it out, amazed by the quality and then the scent of snake hit my nose.

      "Where did you find this?" I asked them.

     "By the lake." They answered. "Do you like it?"

      "This belongs to a fearl beast. We have to return it before they come looking for it." I shifted to my dog form and took the cloth into my mouth. "Stay with Uncle until I come back."

      "We're sorry momma." They pouted.

      "It's okay." I nuzzled them. "Just stay here."

     They nodded before I ran towards the lake. I went so fast that no one in the village noticed me. I followed my children's scent until I came to the lake. I slowed down to a walk and looked around. I tried to find the place where my kids found this snakeskin. Suddenly a large red tail was coiled around me, then started to squeeze. I yelped, releasing the snakeskin from my mouth. I felt my body slowly getting crushed. When I couldn't handle the pain any more, I was forced to shift back into my human skin.