Chapter 31

It's been a half a month since Winston left with the group of males to the oceanside. Winston told me that he was going to use both methods. He was determined to make sure that one of my methods worked and hoped the natives of this village would back off my case. He was too adorable. But since he left, my mates have been having love making sessions with me every night. The pups and cubs had to sleep in the room next door so they wouldn't get crushed. I made sure there was a barrier up each time so noone could hear us.

      I was outside with my pups and cubs stretching out my back by the watering hole. My poor body couldn't keep up with these vigorous males. Their stamina was nothing to sneeze at and I was only one small woman, give me a break before I break.

       Molly came over with a pout upon her face. I leaned my head onto her shoulder and looked at her.

       "What's wrong Molly?" I asked her.

      "How come I'm not on my cycle yet?" She pouted. "They say cycles are contagious, so why hasn't mine come?"

      "That's not how it works." I chuckled. "But I do have an herb that can help with that." I smiled.

     "You do?" Her eyes widened with happiness. I nodded my head.

      "I do. I even prepared a couple of them so when Harvey and I open our clinic, I could handed them out to females, for a price that is. But since it's you, I can give it to you free."

      "Please, can I have it?" She begged.

     "Of course." I smiled.

     I took out a quart jar and a wooden spoon that was carved into the right measurement. I had Parker and Shuu make these when I first came up with the clinic idea. I handed her over the jar and the measuring spoon and gave her instructions on how to take it and how many times. She should be seeing results in two months. She happily squealed before she gave me a hug. I chuckled as I gently patted her back. I soon heard a loud roar erupted into the air. It sounded like Winston.

      "Parker, Shuu, watch the kids for me please. I'll be right back." I told them. I transformed to my dog form, slicked in between Molly's legs and settled her on my back. She screamed with joy as I ran towards the village entrance.

                                *****

      I stopped at Molly's tree first so she could drop off her medicine. After she climbed back into my back, I landed back on the ground and ran to where everyone was gathering. I immediately felt nervous when I saw everyone huddled around. I gulped as I laid down and allowed Molly off my back. I shifted back to my human form and looked at the crowd, trying to find my mate.

      "Winston!" I called. "I'm here Winston!"

      Everyone's heads turned towards me, making a knot form in my stomach. They parted away to allow Winston to run towards me and hold me tightly. I nuzzled him, inhaling his cedar scent that I missed for a half a month.

     "Sorry for the wait." He cupped my cheek and kissed me.

      "You returned earlier than I thought." I leaned into his touch. "Did it work?"

      "Come with me." He smiled before he grabbed my hand.

      "But...I...uh..." I stammered as I could feel my heart race.

      "Just come." He chuckled as he gently tugged me forward. My eyes glanced around at the males. They didn't have looks of scowls but ones of complete happiness, faithful and loyal. They were acting all different. "Look."