Chapter 14

We walked towards the tiger kings castle. I wanted to see how much damage that Curtis had done to the place. I also wanted to see if the new king will help me over throw the ape king. I saw dozens of males sparring in the front yard. I looked to Winston.

     "What are they doing?" I asked him.

     "They're sparring. The previous tiger king is dead, so the tiger clan needs to choose a new one immediately." Winston told me.

       I tilted my head with a small smile. "Aren't you going? You're the most powerful one in the tiger clan anyways." I encouraged Winston. I saw him blush as that statement took root in his mind. I giggled when he roared and hurled himself into the fighting. "Good luck!" I cheered.

     I watched Winston fight the males there for a bit before my other spouses wanted me to go home and eat. Along to check up on everyone.

                            *****

      Morning came fast. Winston didn't come home last night, probably because he was up all night challenging the other males for the throne. I sighed as I played with the grass outside of the house. I wanted to be the first one to greet Winston when he got home. I also informed the family what happened. They all agreed with me that we would stay with Winston in the castle if he succeeded in taking the throne. Well, there was no if, he would. My mate was strong.

      "Kagome." Winston's voice called me. I turned my head with a big smile.

      "Winston!" I yelled as I ran up to him and hugged him, nuzzling his neck. He chuckled as he held me back. "So how'd it go Tiger?"

      "I'm the tiger king now. I want to invite you all to move to the tiger castle." Winston smiled.

      "Congratulations Winston. I knew you could do it." I kissed his cheek, making him blush and smile. "I had a feeling you would win so I asked everyone if they would move, they said yes." I chuckled, then did a victory sign. "We have everything packed and ready in the jewel. We are ready to leave whenever you are."

      His eyes widened in shock, then chuckled before ruffling my hair. I smiled and nuzzled his neck, loving his cedar scent.

     As we entered the tiger castle, I looked around completely amazed. I could see so many rooms. Winston told me that the top two levels are for the tiger king and his family. So that's where my family would stay. Ah-Un was guided by Jaken, their presence seemed to shock the tiger guards. Winston made sure to make a bird coop for the birds, then a stable for Ah-Un. I found out that was the reason he didn't come home until this morning.

      "Over here." Winston smiled, blushing. He wanted to show off the throne to me and I would let him, he earned it. Suddenly I saw a tiger male carry a bag of probably seed by. I gasped starting everyone.

      "We forgot the seeds." I groaned as I realized that we left them at the Ape king's castle. If I want to replace the ape king, I'll have to take up his job. I can't go without food and seeds. I need to find seeds as soon as possible. I wonder if the herbivore clans have any extra.

      "Are you talking about the rice seeds? I saw two bags in the castle. They should be Rosa's and her mother's."

       "That's great. We also need wild grains, do you gave any Winston?" I asked him.

      "No. But I'll ask the ape king for some later. I have to trade for salt at the coast today." Winston informed me.

      "What?" My eyes widened and my heart dropped. "You're leaving?"