Chapter 10

I slowly woke up, completely comfortable. I looked down to find myself once again wrapped in Curtis' cool body. I sighed with relief, happy he was here. I loved my mates but he was my favorite right now. I sat up, which made Curtis hold onto me. I softly chuckled and patted his head.

     "Just going to the pit." I told him. He nodded and helped me.

      On our way back, Curtis was practically at my side, glaring at any early riser males. I felt bad for those males. I wasn't going to take any male that came my way but for some reason it sure seemed that way.

      Once back inside, Parker was making some soup for everyone. I sighed in happiness as I came over. Shippo was sitting beside me with a smile upon his face, his eyes glistening like emeralds.

      "Oh yeah." I then remembered. "I remembered something thanks to your eyes Shippo."

       "I did?" He tilted his head. I nodded, gently petting it.

       "Winston fed me an emerald yesterday." I told them.

      "An emerald!!" All my native mates exclaimed.

      "I remember you telling me Parker that those come from herbivores. I can't remember the effects you told me about. Is it very valuable?" I looked to them.

      "A normal emerald can boost a beastman's life by ten years. They're only found in herbivore colossals, and only tetra-marked beasts can beat them." Parker explained. "If you're not careful...."

       "I'll return another one to him later." Curtis sighed.

      "You bastard, wait for me to finish!" Parker seethed at Curtis. Daily battle number one started.

      "Curtis, have you eaten any emeralds before? Oh, and how old are you? I still don't know." I looked to him.

      "I've only had a couple. As for my age, I'm in my fourties." Curtis told me.

      "My word. You look remarkable!" Mom cooed as she came out of her bedroom. Then she looked to me.

      "Mom, I don't mind age." I sighed. "In case you forgot, Sesshomaru is over five hundred. Inuyasha is around two hundred and something. Shippo is about a hundred." I arched a brow at her.

      "Ah, yes. I forgot about that. Demons live for thousands of years if I remember correctly." Mom mused.

       "Oi, Kagome. What are you talking about so serious in the morning?" Inuyasha asked as he yawned.

      "Ages." I chuckled.

                                 ****

      With the pork Shuu gave me last night and some fresh meat, thanks to Sesshomaru, Mom and I began to cook for our family. We lightly discussed various things as we cooked, like any other day I would at home when I used to visit.

      Parker and my other native mates were shocked by how delicious this was. I even took care not to spice some for Curtis. I faintly remember him not liking spice when we were traveling.

       "I've also made some steamed eggs! I made enough for everybody. It doesn't have a strong flavor, so you should be able to eat it, Curtis." I looked to the snake beastmen. His eyes sparkled at that.

      When Mom and I portioned out the meal, I gave Curtis a little bit more egg than the rest. After everyone began eating, he looked at the egg, then slowly ate it. Curtis shivered in ecstasy, telling me he like this the most. I chuckled as I ate my share as well. Mom smiled at Curtis when he gulped down the rest of his dish. She asked if anyone wanted more, gave them a portion before putting another big portion in Curtis' bowl. It seemed unfair but it was the only thing he was eating really.