Chapter 11

The next morning, I woke up sore as hell. I went outside to collect the amazing amount of eggs that was piled in the nests. I fed the birds with dry corn from the jewel while I collected the eggs and placed them into the basket. As I collected the eggs, I saw Parker chase after Shuu from the house. It made me wonder what the two males argued about now.

      As they probably going to fight again, I walked back inside with the basket full of eggs. Mom was insistent on making breakfast today. While Inuyasha went to grab the fish traps for today's meal. I had Muir and Harvey help me with the grinding stone I wanted made. It was nice to have flour come from the jewel but I wanted it to look the part as well. I didn't want my family hunted down because of the jewel. Muir finished hammering the last piece of the grinding stone.

       "What are you hammering away at?" Curtis asked as he came from the room.

      "You're awake, sorry if we woke you." I apologized.

      "No it's fine." He smiled as he came up next to me. I blushed as I looked at him. Then I looked to the finished product.

      "That was fast you guys." I commented Muir and Harvey. They smiled with pride as I checked it over. "It actually looks functional now."

     "What is this?" Curtis asked.

     "This is a grinder. You remember the flour I had?" I asked him, he nodded. "It helps crush rice and grains into flour, and in return we can even make more delicious food."

       After I demonstrated on how it worked to the men, I gave the grinded up rice to mom so she could use it for breakfast. Also I had the men make an oven early in the week so we could make bread, pies and whatnot. Mom had me summon some other things we needed as well as juice and milk.

       We all ate a very nutritious breakfast. Everyone was happy, including the pups. The rain finally stopped just a little bit after breakfast. I brought the pups out to play along with Rin and Shippo. As they played around in the yard, I noticed a red body scurry across the ground. I looked down and found a crayfish. My mouth watered as I thought about having a crayfish hotpot.

      "Muir bring out a stone pot!" I called. He came walking out a minute later with a giant stone pot. I placed the crayfish into the pot. I got giddy before I walked into the house for a moment. "I'm going to the river to pick up some crayfish. Anybody want to come?"

      Gramps and Kaede said they would stay. Everyone else wanted to go and stretch their legs since we were cooped up in the house that long. We all walked towards the river, I kept an eye on the pups since this was their first time out. I saw Akio attack something by the river. Soon he yelped and ran over to me. I bent down and picked up the poor pup, I pulled a crayfish off his snout. He then growled at the crayfish, batting at it. I chuckled before setting him down, only after I kissed his forehead. He went after his siblings, avoiding the red creatures. I placed the crayfish into the stone bowl Muir brought over. I had him place it down on the ground, and help me collect some more.

       Sesshomaru watched the pups while I collected the crayfish. I was happy that it was big and had high sides. We were going to need a lot in order to feed this family. I was picking up my tenth one when I felt someone near.

       "Kagome Taisho, what are you planning to do with the crayfishes?" Tony's voice came from my side. I turned my head and smiled.

      "Oh, it's you Tony. I'm planning to eat them with my family." I told him. He was blushing uncontrollably before he showed a sign of panic and then ran away screaming. It was no doubt Curtis. I chuckled as I continued to collect them.